Maintenance and Upgrading the Aspire 2930Z Laptop

jamesallenct
jamesallenct Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
I have an Acer Aspire 2930Z (running Windows Vista) laptop since back in 2009 and I want to repurpose this machine to better use. What are the possible parts that I can upgrade? And if I can upgrade what do you recommend that is compatible with this machine? I was thinking of adding an SSD, increasing the RAM storage, upgrading to Windows 10 (is that even possible? If not, what is the best it can go for?), and maybe changing the CPU if it is possible. One more thing, the ring around the audio jack was damaged and chipped so inserting a jack would make it very loose and almost unusable, is there a way I can fix this as well?

I was searching for videos online but all I found are tutorials that are in Russian. That is why I turned to this place for help.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    Go to crucial dot com for compatible upgrade specs on the SSD and RAM. A Win10 downgrade is certainly possible but you may experience some driver issues that might be remedied with 3rd party freeware scanners. The jack can usually be stabilized with duct-tape or jbweld. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ