sabbirnbd
sabbirnbd Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 4 in 2018 Archives
I didn't find any way online! 

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    We are not allowed to talk about that here.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    Answer ✓
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • sabbirnbd
    sabbirnbd Member Posts: 2 New User
    billsey said:
    Where can I get the answer ? As this is an acer product, am I not supposed to get the answer from the acer community? 
  • billsey
    Nope, Acer has contracts with Google that define what's allowed for the OS. If you Google the topic you'll find third party sites with some info, but not here.
  • doug_scott
    doug_scott Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

I don't get where it impacts Google if I would like to customize things like the layout of the navigation bar. Using the tablet in landscape mode, it is difficult for me to reach the controls easily.  Being able to move them to one side of the screen would correct that, but google appears to have decided that option would somehow hurt them. My cell phone is able to be rooted, and I can move and control the navigation bar easily.  The phone is small enough that there is no need to change the navigation bar settings.

We have decades of data regarding implications of allowing root access to all operating systems in electronic devices.  Every desktop, laptop, tablet, server running any of the commercially available operating systems, including the operating system that Android is based on, are all shipped with root access.  If they were not shipped that way their life would be short lived. 

There is no legitimate reason for locking the system up this way.  If Acer is being held to this standard, they should be required to warn customers that they have made it so that the customer will not be able to root the device.  Calling support and asking about rooting will get you a response to go online and find out how to do it. 

In 2012 I bought an Acer Iconia A501 tablet that was on the Rogers network.  I was told the update to ICS was coming in the next few months. 6 years later, still no update, and the response from Acer support was that it was up to Rogers to supply it.  I really should have realized it was Acer controlling the access to updating the tablet.  Now that I have purchased another Acer tablet I find out it is Acer doing this.  In the last 10 years I have purchased 2 Acer laptops, and 2 Acer tablets. Both laptops have been issue free, I have even updated the ram and the hard drives on the two laptops. The 2 tablets are the direct opposite. 

This tablet is the last Acer device I will purchase, or recommend to purchase.