No bootable Device on my Acer spin 3?

Paul1231
Paul1231 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 1 in 2018 Archives
My Acer spin 3 hasn’t been working for about a week and a half. It turned off randomly while I was playing a game. When I tried turning it on it said no bootable device. I already tried looking and changing the order of the bios. Do I need to take out the hard drive or something like that?

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    edited June 2018
    Paul1231 

Go to BIOS and check if the hard disk name is listed to HDD model name in information page. If detected try to boot using a windows 10 USB bootable media.
    Please post back the status and let me know if you need more help.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • zaforiqbal
    zaforiqbal Member Posts: 64 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    M facing the same problem from almost a week.Sharanji said:
    Paul1231 

Go to BIOS and check if the hard disk name is listed to HDD model name in information page. If detected try to boot using a windows 10 USB bootable media.
    Please post back the status and let me know if you need more help.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
    When I was trying to install Ubuntu in my ACER ASPIRE 3 (A315-31-C0A7 model number N17Q2) but it was error saying media file corrupted and now its showing no bootable device I also tried with another bootable pendrive installed Ubuntu but it's showing default bootable device missing. I tried everything I got from online but nothing works. My hdd is shown in boot information menu. But it's not showing in boot menu. Please help I am desperate I bought this laptop from Flipkart on 26 May 2018.
  • Paul1231
    Paul1231 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Sharanji

It only says HDD0 and HDD1