ROM file ROMID is not compatible with existing BIOS ROMID

Options
medorex
medorex Member Posts: 2 New User
edited February 29 in 2018 Archives
good morning, i am trying to update my Veriton X2640G bios to the latest available version (R02-B0) but it fails for this error: ROM file ROMID is not compatible with existing BIOS ROMID.
what can I do?

thanks

Best Answer

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options
    medorex 
    You directly install the latest version, unless stated otherwise. Please check the current version of BIOS installed on your device
    If your BIOS is R01, you can't update to R02 ( only compatible with Intel 7th Gen Kabylake platform). For example the BIOS you should upgarde to is R01.A4

If still unable to update, try to update BIOS to R01.A2, boot and check if everything is working fine, then update to R01.A4.
    Note : Upgrading your system BIOS incorrectly could harm your Acer product. Please proceed with caution.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options
    medorex 
    You directly install the latest version, unless stated otherwise. Please check the current version of BIOS installed on your device
    If your BIOS is R01, you can't update to R02 ( only compatible with Intel 7th Gen Kabylake platform). For example the BIOS you should upgarde to is R01.A4

If still unable to update, try to update BIOS to R01.A2, boot and check if everything is working fine, then update to R01.A4.
    Note : Upgrading your system BIOS incorrectly could harm your Acer product. Please proceed with caution.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • medorex
    medorex Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Ok, then I already have the latest R01 version, thanks.