Problems with hardware acceleration

Options
erfonti
erfonti Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
I got my new acer predator helios 300, but it had problems in chrome with using hardware acceleration, because it would freeze youtube videos, so I had to disable it.
Thanks to that now chrome doesn´t offer the best experience, if you catch my drift, as in some pages I suffer from some stuttering even when simply moving the page up and down with the mousewheel.
Do I have to have hardware acceleration dissabled forever because this problem is some intrinsic problem with the helios 300 design or is it a sofware bug on a new laptop and will be fixed in the future?

Answers

• sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder
    Options
    Model details would help. I have a G3-572 and have no issues videos.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045
  • Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    Options
    Hi, As a workaround  please create a new browser profile for your Chrome (please back-up your data before you perform this step) to see if that helps:

• Exit Google Chrome completely.

• Enter the keyboard shortcut Windows key +E to open Windows Explorer.

• In the Windows Explorer window that appears enter the following in the address bar.

• Windows 7/ Windows 8/ Windows 10: %LOCALAPPDATA%\Google\Chrome\User Data\

• Locate the folder called "Default" in the directory window that opens and rename it as "Backup default."

• Try opening Google Chrome again. A new "Default" folder is automatically created as you start using the browser.

If the issue persists, download and run Chrome Canary to see if that works. It is the cutting edge developer version of Chrome that can be installed alongside Stable Chrome.
     :) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

• erfonti
    erfonti Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

Options
    sri369 said:
    Model details would help. I have a G3-572 and have no issues videos.
    Mine is also a G3-572.