How can I upgrade the 256GB SSD to 1 TB in G3-571?

Options
KamikazeReborn
KamikazeReborn Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
I haven't bought the laptop yet, so I wish to upgrade it to 1 TB during buying. How can I do that?

Answers

• Inspiration101
    Inspiration101 Member Posts: 185 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    Options
    Hi,Nice choice of notebook, I have one also, they are pretty awesome !The primary storage is an M2 SSD which is fine where it is and you don't need to touch it.  Buy yourself a 1TB SATA HDD, 9.5mm or 7mm is fine and just fit it as an additional drive in the HDD bay on the underside of the unit.  Personally I prefer having a 512GB SSD in the HDD bay so I can maintain really fast performance and have untold games on it ;)FYI :     Storage 1 : M.2 2280 for SSD (PCIe/SATA Co-lay)            Storage 2 : 9.5mm/7mm co-lay (Support HDD Door)

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Options
    KamikazeReborn 

You can get the confirmation from Acer Support center in your region on how to upgrade the SSD during purchase without voiding warranty. Since the hard disk will have  preinstalled windows OS you need to create a USB recovery media before making any hardware changes.Acer US : https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact 
    Acer worldwide : http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder
    Options
    Hi,Nice choice of notebook, I have one also, they are pretty awesome !The primary storage is an M2 SSD which is fine where it is and you don't need to touch it.  Buy yourself a 1TB SATA HDD, 9.5mm or 7mm is fine and just fit it as an additional drive in the HDD bay on the underside of the unit.  Personally I prefer having a 512GB SSD in the HDD bay so I can maintain really fast performance and have untold games on it ;)FYI :     Storage 1 : M.2 2280 for SSD (PCIe/SATA Co-lay)            Storage 2 : 9.5mm/7mm co-lay (Support HDD Door)

Though that's enticing, i would recommend a normal spinning hard disk as secondary. Both SSD and HDD can fail... but SSD failures means data loss too. HDD failures can be recovered to some extent, plus they give warnings before failure.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045
  • geekromi
    geekromi Member Posts: 144 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I haven't bought the laptop yet, so I wish to upgrade it to 1 TB during buying. How can I do that?
    Even if the max supported size in the m2 slot is 512Gb, it should be able to take up to 1000Gb .
    If you are going to get a g-3 571, remember that in predator sense software, you will have not the option to overclock the gpu, and more, the cooling system does not have the metal "aeroblade 3d" fans but only plastic ones, so, if I were you, I would go for the G-3 572 instead!