G6-720 removable drive bay SSD compatibility

purplehayes6565
purplehayes6565 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited February 15 in 2018 Archives
I purchased an adapter for the removable drive bay so I could install an SSD drive. It all seems to slide in and seat with the plug inside the bay but the drive doesn’t show up in the device manager so I can format it for use. Do I need to install a different plug for it to connect properly?

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,647 Trailblazer
    Depends on what adapter you bought. Some place the 2.5" drive in the center of the 3.5" space, some put it to the side so it matches the normal 3.5" location. You need the latter...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • purplehayes6565
    purplehayes6565 Member Posts: 4 New User
    Yup. I did install with the offset adapter. I was concerned that the cable was incorrect for the SSD or maybe not even connected to the motherboard because it doesn’t even show or make the tone when som
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,647 Trailblazer
    It should be there and connected, you should be able to see the wires coming off the back of the bay and going both to the MB and power.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.