NO SIGNAL on the Acer XB24OH 144hz G-SYNC monitor

dtconey
dtconey Member Posts: 3 New User
edited February 14 in 2018 Archives
My monitor has recently been losing signal when booting games, I have tried various things, rebooting, reinstalling drivers, unplugging and turning back on. I turned off G-SYNC and that seemed to fix the issue. Is there a fix for this? I can't find any answers online. Thanks

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    dtconey 

In some cases G-Sync causes the screen would go completely blank momentarily every few seconds while playing both games which is not what you want when trying to play. Please check if you have the latest driver installed for your Graphics card.

If you are using the Nvidia Graphics card, go inside the nvidia control panel under manage 3d settings, global settings, set power management mode from optimal to adaptive. Reboot your device. Retest for black screens.

Also, If you go to the Nvidia Control Panel, Manage 3D settings, Preferred refresh rate, and change to Application-controlled, it also stops the black screen when closing the affected games. Leave G-SYNC enabled try plying the game. 

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance!

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • dtconey
    Sharanji said:
    dtconey 

In some cases G-Sync causes the screen would go completely blank momentarily every few seconds while playing both games which is not what you want when trying to play. Please check if you have the latest driver installed for your Graphics card.

If you are using the Nvidia Graphics card, go inside the nvidia control panel under manage 3d settings, global settings, set power management mode from optimal to adaptive. Reboot your device. Retest for black screens.

Also, If you go to the Nvidia Control Panel, Manage 3D settings, Preferred refresh rate, and change to Application-controlled, it also stops the black screen when closing the affected games. Leave G-SYNC enabled try plying the game. 

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance!

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• dtconey
    Thanks Sharanji, I have tried all the above steps you stated but I still get the same problems, my monitor is still under warranty so I have returned it to the store for testing, hopefully I can replace it for a new one. I have had no issues using my spare monitor at all so it is something to do with G-SYNC