Can I upgrade 4gb Ram to 8gb in SF314-52 14INC laptop(SF314-52-54M3)?

manimjssf3
manimjssf3 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hi Team, 

I wanted to upgrade RAM from 4GB to 8GB. Please let me know the confirmation. Just for more information while buying the laptop it came only 4GB by default. 
Modal: 

Modal: SF314-52-54M3

Size: 14 inc

Best Answer

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,102 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Hi Team, 

I wanted to upgrade RAM from 4GB to 8GB. Please let me know the confirmation. Just for more information while buying the laptop it came only 4GB by default. 
    Modal: 

Hi Team, 

Modal: 

Hi,
    No, you can not upgrade the memory in this model as there are on-board memory only available and no slots available for upgrade.

Answers

• Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    Hi, Yep... you can upgrade the RAM to 8GB. Your computer should be having RAM type  DDR4 SDRAM support or  LPDDR3 SDRAM support. Hence, before buying RAM, confirm the exact type of RAM is in your computer and buy that same type RAM. 
     :) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,102 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Hi Team, 

Modal: 

Hi Team, 

Modal: 

Hi,
    No, you can not upgrade the memory in this model as there are on-board memory only available and no slots available for upgrade.

• manimjssf3
    manimjssf3 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hi Team, 
    Thanks for your responsive for my query. However both are different reply. 

Balatekie - It is possible 
    brummyfan2 - Its not possible

Could you please anyone confirm this. Please let me know if anything needs to be update.
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,476 Trailblazer
    @brummyfan2 is correct. The mainboard comes with either 4GB or 8GB soldered modules. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ