Acer Aspire TC-780-ACKI3 Ethernet Adapter failed out of the box - twice

BKnoblock
BKnoblock Member Posts: 1 New User
My HP desktop was failing and I needed a basic PC at a reasonable price. I manage 10 computers at work including a couple of Acers so I thought I'd get one for home use. The PC arrived in two days and I was ready to go. However, when I turned it on it would not connect to the internet with the wired motherboard Realtek ethernet connection. I tried resetting the network, the network adapter, uninstalling/reinstalling the adapter but nothing worked. I know the network connection was good because I plugged my old computer in and got the network right away. I spent 30 minutes on-line with Acer support. They suggested resetting the PC - reloading Windows - but that didn't work either. Rather than spend time and my own money to ship to Acer for repair I returned it to Amazon to exchange for another one. The second one arrived two days later and I had the exact same problem.  In and effort to save it I had recently bought a new ethernet adapter (another Realtek) for my failing HP so I plugged that into a PCI-e slot and the network connection came right up and is working fine. I can accept one network adapter not working as a random problem but two is something systemic in the factory or design. Unless you happen to have (or want to buy upfront) another network adapter and install it in a brand new PC I suggest you avoid this Acer model.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,421 Trailblazer
    Is there a chance the vendor is selling 'refurbished' models?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • mnalep
    mnalep Member Posts: 1 New User

BKnoblock, what part number of the ethernet adapter you bought? I am having an intermittent problem also!