DON T BUY your laptop ACER => support is useless

nalgar
nalgar Member Posts: 10 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hello,

I have a acer predator triton 700 and i have problem with my vbios (GPU) . I said to acer to send the the original vbios and they don't want. I have to send the laptop into factory and paid and paid

3000$ laptop and no help because no garranty

FU******* USELESS SUPPORT

I WILL NEVER BUY AGAIN ACER LAPTOP  .  I prefer RAZER, MSI or ASUS ROG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best regards ACER

Answers

• Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru

Hello nalgar,

I'm sorry that you're having issues with your Acer Predator Triton 700 and warranty.  Can you please send me a PM with the S/N of your unit so I can look into this for you?

Thanks,

Acer-Manny

• harbledown
    harbledown Member Posts: 25 Troubleshooter
    I agree with this comment. I bought an Acer Nitro AN 517-51 7 months ago. I was surprised there was no detailed manual for the motherboard, so I asked them what make it was. They told me MSI, but when I queried it they said they'd made a mistake.
    Then I had a problem with the battery not charging. They told me to use the pinhole on the bottom of the laptop, but I told them there is no pinhole on my model, so they asked me to send the laptop to them. I pointed out that quite a few people have reported this problem online and therefore they should know how to fix it. I didn't send them the laptop.
    Now Windows 10 Update says that my laptop is not yet compatible for the 2020 Update. I asked Acer support if they knew why. I received some nonsensical replies (first they said just go ahead and update, but when I asked if that might cause problems they said not to update). I then emailed the UK CEO and told him I found their Support Department inexperienced. He didn't reply but I then received an email from Support about the update. They sent me a link to the Microsoft Update page where it sets out why some machines can't take the update. Obviously I'd already seen that and I told them so. After emails to and fro I received one which said "As our past experience, if customer wants to immediately update to 20H1, she/he may download "Windows Update Assistant" and install it (Windows10Upgrade9252.exe) to the system." The grammar in this and previous emails seems to indicate that English is not the first language of the members of the Support team.
    In all this I've quoted the serial number of my laptop and pointed out that with this they should have a record of the full specification.
    I won't buy another Acer machine