ACER E5-576G-56E7 Boot time slow when insert M.2 SSD

Noellx
Noellx Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
I am having problem with m.2 slot, bios is update to the latest. the situation is when i insert kingston uv500 m.2 the boot time become extreme slow around 60sec boot to window, it is not the problem whether i install the window on m.2 ssd or the hdd. when there is m.2 ssd in slot, the problem occur boot time become around 60sec. Really really appreciate if anyone can help me solve this problem. 

Best Answer

• Noellx

Tinkerer

edited June 2018 Answer ✓
    After a few test with kingston uv500 m.2 120gb it just wont work with acer e5-575, e5-576, e5-476, not sure for the problem it just wont work with laptop, kingston uv500 m.2 work well on desktop. i am able to boot normal again with different brand m.2 ssd, problem solved thanks~~ 

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,104 Trailblazer
    Hi,
    Do you have a third party AV program installed? If so, uninstall it with the removal tool provided by the program and see whether it fixes the problem, also check whether Fast start up is enabled in Task manager, make sure to enable fewer start up programs in Task manager( disable unnecessary programs starting when the laptop boots).
    https://www.howtogeek.com/220033/how-to-make-your-windows-10-pc-boot-faster/

• Noellx

Tinkerer

thanks brummyfan2  :), but i just format the window 10, there is no any antivirus or software install. the boot time is delay before enter window screen, it show black screen after i press power button, normal press power you will instant see the acer logo screen, but when there is m.2 ssd insert the system begin to delay above 40sec it take a couple of time from the black screen until i see acer logo screen, i have try many of the method 1) both hdd and m.2 ssd with no window install the problem still the same 2)unplug hdd only m.2 ssd insert problem still the same. So far i test only with m.2 ssd insert but disable the SATA port power for m.2 slot in the BIOS only the boot acer logo time become to normal...... or with no m.2 ssd insert in slot.......... i have two same kingston uv500 m.2 ssd both of them show the same problem......

Really really appreciate if anyone can help me solve this problem. 
  • Noellx

Tinkerer

edited June 2018 Answer ✓
    After a few test with kingston uv500 m.2 120gb it just wont work with acer e5-575, e5-576, e5-476, not sure for the problem it just wont work with laptop, kingston uv500 m.2 work well on desktop. i am able to boot normal again with different brand m.2 ssd, problem solved thanks~~ 
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,104 Trailblazer
    Thanks for posting the outcome, it will be useful to others.
  • Sergiob_1983
    Sergiob_1983 Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

Hi @Noellx,

Can yo tell me what brand is the ssd that works in your machine?, I have the same problem (also a Kingston m.2 UV500 120GB).

My machine is aAcer Predator Helios 300

Thanks in advance!
  • Sergiob_1983
    Sergiob_1983 Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

Hi,

Just to corroborate the solution of @Noellx, I replace my Kingston and buy a WD 120GB: my machine work fine!

Abçs.

Machine: Acer Predator Helios 300 G3-572-75L9.
    SSD Western Digital (
    WDS120G2G0B)