Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Acer Aspire S13 screen problem

I brought this laptop for only a year and the hinges and the cover is splitting apart from the screen. Every time I close the laptop the screen plastic lid cracks and split further n further apart from the screen. As a result screen bends on closing. This is ridiculous. The laptop is all new and barely been used over the span of just one year. I hope acer has a solution to this problem. Spending this much for a laptop that spoils as a result of design error is not acceptable from a company like acer.

FAQ & Answers

• JackEJackE Posts: 17,832ACE Trailblazer
    If still within the warranty, arrange for a warranty repairs. If not, probably the most practical repair to prevent further damage is color-coordinated duct tape. Jack E/NJ   
  • eric_tceric_tc Posts: 1Member New User
    I had the same problem on my 1-1/2 year old S13. I tend to think this is a design problem of S13 as I don't open/close the screen often at all. I am very disappointed.
  • JackEJackE Posts: 17,832ACE Trailblazer
    eric_tc   I suggest that you try to prevent further damage by avoiding opening/closing the lid too much and duct tape. Jack E/NJ
  • BRENDANKEYBRENDANKEY Posts: 1Member New User
    We purchased our 2nd Acer due to quality of our firts Acer laptop, but it now appears quality is a thing of the past! This new Aspire 13 has the same problem with the hinges and screen starting to split. I spoke with Acer support and they said it's out of the 12 months warranty. Not really impressed considering it cost over $1K. So the solution appears to be NOT buy Acer in the future. I have subsequently taken a look at other laptops and Dell have far superior hinges and screen design. After this experience with Acer I would NOT recommend purchasing them in the future. Considering we have 4 kids and lots of friends always asking for recommedations Acer have really shot themselves in the foot!