Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Acer Predator Helios 300 Freeze/Power Issue

MaverickNathan1MaverickNathan1 Posts: 4Member New User
edited May 2018 in Predator Laptops
I got my laptop just over a week ago and a couple of Windows Updates after that. I am not sure if those updates are causing the issue but I have already tried uninstalling a couple of them, but nothing worked.

The problem is that the laptop gets stuck in the middle of doing something and everything freezes. So I long press the power button to force shutdown but then it doesn't start back up. Now I have gone through this link and it is exactly the problem I am having. Only difference is that, in that question, it was a one time thing, which got solved by doing a battery reset. In my case, I have had this problem 3 times in the last 3 days, 5 minutes ago most recently.

I am sure that it isn't just a coincidence in my case and while I will be taking the laptop to a service center by next week, I was hoping I could save myself the hassle if anyone has some DIY tricks or suggestions to fix this. Or at least help me pinpoint what the problem might be.

FAQ & Answers

• Queen6Queen6 Posts: 319Member Skilled Practitioner
    I'd be inclined to return the notebook, being so new you shouldn't be incurring such a problem.

Q-6