Predator G3-605 RAM Slots

Options
uFreaky
uFreaky Member Posts: 1 New User
edited February 15 in 2018 Archives
I am having trouble with my old PC. First then Serial No. characters: DTSQYEG110 ( https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/6021?b=1&pn=DT.SQYEG.110 )
When I turn it on it beeps 3 times. short pause, then 3 beeps again. After that it turns itself off and restarts the process by itself.
I thought its a RAM issue, so I tried to run it with just one (4GB) instead of 2 (8GB). Sometimes the beeping stays the same but the PC does not restart itself and sometimes it works, and the pc turns on.
I now have 2 completely new Memory Sticks here (8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 DIMM CL9 Dual Kit) and I am wondering what slots to use, since its different for every motherboard.

It would be awesome if someone could help me out with this.
1. question: Any idea what those beeps mean.
2. question: which slots are the correct slots to use with a Dual Kit (2 Memory Sticks).

I unfortunately couldnt find these information by myself.

Thanks a lot in advance! :)
- uFreaky

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    The three beeps means base 64K RAM failure, it's one of the early tests during POST and typically means either bad memory or a bad motherboard. Two sticks should be placed in like colored slots, I believe in the one closest to the processor and the third counting away from the processor when you have two. With four sticks you then populate 2 & 4. Memory sticks are not required to all be the same size, but they do have to be the same speed. The motherboard also supports configurations of a single stick and three sticks. If you put two in the same size they're switched into dual channel mode, if they're of different sizes it stays in single channel mode.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.