Acer ET221Q Monitor Speaker

fizwani
fizwani Member Posts: 1 New User
edited February 16 in 2019 Archives
Hey All.
I just bought the Acer ET221Q monitor to connect along with my PS4. Bought this monitor just for leisure gaming and for work.

It has a volume button and based on the manual book given, the volume can be adjust. However, when I press the Volume menu from the monitor, I couldnt adjust it at all.

What am I supposed to do to enable the volume on the monitor? How do i enable the sound when connecting with PS4?

Answers

• Karasu
    Karasu Member Posts: 2 New User
    I have exactly the same problem and not a single solution found on google.
    Can somone please resolve our problem please ?
  • Karasu
    Karasu Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited June 2018

• Avish3k
    Avish3k Member Posts: 1 New User
    Before purchasing the monitor I asked acer whether ET221Q has speakers or not and they confirmed it has. Even tbe specs also say it has 2×2w speakers. Now that Ive connected it through HDMI there is no sound at all. Is acer bluffing about specs?? Anyone any idea??
  • sushant047
    sushant047 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Even I have purchased the same a week ago, I raised a concern with customer care team. The customer care executive took my details for almost 15-20 minutes and after a while he claimed that this model doesn't have speakers. I told him that I can clearly see the presence of speakers on User guide, Amazon's product description and there is a volume button which doesn't work after half an hour heated discussion he asked me to call their international customer support. Worst support ever and I think we have all the rights to sue Acer for giving wrong information
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    Try connecting to your speaker/headphone jack on the computer to see if it's a problem with the HDMI audio.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • sushant047
    sushant047 Member Posts: 2 New User
    billsey said:
    Try connecting to your speaker/headphone jack on the computer to see if it's a problem with the HDMI audio.
    I have connected the same laptop with other screens having speakers which worked fine. There is no issue with HDMI audio, the issue is with the monitor and the firm is giving no response to this thread.
  • laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,051 Trailblazer
    For information, ET221Q (entry-level monitor) is not shipped with built-in speakers. UM.WE1EE.001 (means Europe Europe):

Hauts-Parleurs = Speakers and Non = No
    France