Freezes while gaming Predator 17 g9-793

Kobac
Kobac Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
i Tried everything form updating Bios, Graphic, sound, CPU, killer doubleshot etc. all possible drivers to reinstalling windows and tried to keep my HDDs on low space filed so more then 85% of HDDs are free space... nothing is working i can't play my favorite game since it's a fast paste game and when freezes start happening i die and lose XP witch is dam n hard to get. Installed Diablo 2 and i'm getting those stupid freezes in that game dafuq ?.? it's Diablo 2 on a 3000 USD laptop... Please if anyone has any idea how to fix this problem i will be really greathfull. Freezes last from 1 to 4 sec, tried to turn off G-sync and in Geforce sethings i did put maximum performace sttill the same no matter what i do it's not getting any batter.
Predator 17 G9-793
GTX 1070
i7 7700 HQ
16GB RAM

Answers

• Goldark
    Goldark Member Posts: 16 Troubleshooter
    Are you using the Nvidia Geforce Experience app?  Make sure Battery Boost is turned off because it will throttle the ***** out of the Pred 17 to reach a low framerate even when plugged in.

Have you tried running Task Manager when the lagging starts to see what is chewing up all of your processing power?
  • Kobac

Tinkerer

Uninstalled Nvidia Geforce Experiance.
  • Kobac

Tinkerer

Kobac said:
    Uninstalled Nvidia Geforce Experiance.

i did but that is not the case :( it happens when i play diablo 2 on fresh windows installation.
  • asad814
    asad814 Member Posts: 371 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    please downgrade your nvidia drivers to 388.31...its works fine for me
  • Kobac

Tinkerer

asad814 said:
    it happens less often now that i downgraded but still unplayable :/
  • Kobac

Tinkerer

Kobac said:
    asad814 said:
    it happens less often now that i downgraded but still unplayable :/
    My old Acer laptop that i given to my brother he actually has graphic sethings set to higher than i do and he never ever saw a freez in Path of exile and i get them every few mins on low sethings on a much stronger laptop, also his CPU never vent over 87C while mine in Predator was going to 98C in the same game and same manifacturer...
    he has gtx 950
    4gb RAM
    i5 7200u
    so i realy dont understand how can same manifacturer and much weaker laptop run batter then Predator that costs about 4 times more
  • Kobac

Tinkerer

Disk 1 (D:)

TOSHIBA MQ01ABD100
    yes it's going form like 5% to 100% that's when freezes happen :/ anyway to avoid that ?

• Queen6
    Queen6 Member Posts: 319 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Kobac said:

TOSHIBA MQ01ABD100
    yes it's going form like 5% to 100% that's when freezes happen :/ anyway to avoid that ?

Have you checked this drives integrity? it may be heavily fragmented or failing.  My own G9-793 runs fine with everything on Nvidia's latest drivers 397.93

Q-6
  • Kobac

Tinkerer

Queen6 said:
    Kobac said:

TOSHIBA MQ01ABD100

Have you checked this drives integrity? it may be heavily fragmented or failing.  My own G9-793 runs fine with everything on Nvidia's latest drivers 397.93

Q-6
    No i didn't it's been like this since day 1 but i will check it and let you know.
  • Kobac

Tinkerer

Queen6 said:
    Kobac said:

TOSHIBA MQ01ABD100

Q-6
    this is the resoult of HDD scan i dunno if it's good or bad, please if you can check it out and let me know is it bad if so ill use my worenty my laptop is 8 months old.
  • popnfrresh
    popnfrresh Member Posts: 8 New User
    Not trying to revive a dead thread, but I have the SAME exact issue. Everything freezes randomly every 5-15 minutes for about 5 seconds while cpu spikes to 100%. Mouse moves, audio plays, but graphics freeze on the screen. Happens on every game, no matter graphics settings. 

Reinstalled windows fresh to asus image. Only installed one game. 
    Sent back to acer. They reinstalled os. Only installed one game.
  • xapim
    xapim ACE Posts: 7,257 Pathfinder
    edited November 2019
    popnfrresh for someone who is saying over and over that is not trying to revive old threads you are posting on all of the old ones instead of opening your own ??? or keeping the discussion on the one you had already opened here that makes absolute no sense to me this will just be confusing everyone by reviving old threads about the same issue because no one will know exactly where to reply 

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11532543

UserBenchmarks: Game 43%, Desk 61%, Work 40%
    CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ - 63.5%
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050-Ti (Mobile) - 41.9%
    SSD: WDC WDS200T2B0B-00YS70 2TB - 71.4%
    HDD: WD WD10SPZX-00HKTT0 1TB - 93.7%
    RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2666 C15 2x16GB - 76.8%
    MBD: Acer Predator G3-572

I'm not an Acer employee. (just here to help in the best way i can)
    If my answer fixed you issue please accept it for any other users who search for it would find it quickly thanks :)
    If you want to learn more about undervolting/optimizing windows join the Predator fb group and youtube channel:

Owner/Admin (HOTEL HERO/Red-Sand/Opoka Opoka)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/PredatorHelios300
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJwGUHxSJ8FKqAhnOqQuAw
    Acer support:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/  

• Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    edited November 2019
    Hi popnfrresh,

We want to inform you that it is necessary to create a new (or) question / topic in the corresponding forum to improve your visibility to the public where you can receive better attention and response to your query.

Regards,
    Acer-Manny