Envelope
Envelope Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
G9-593-735L
NH.Q1YAA.002
i7-7700HQ
1060 6GB DDR5
Windows 10 Home

Hello, this will be the first I'll be installing an SSD - period. I might need plenty of clarification and want to thank everyone who replies in advance. Thanks!

So, I purchased an WD Black 250 GB NVMe PCIE Gen 3 M.2 2280 SSD which should arrive today. I'm pretty sure this part is compatible with my mobo.

I don't have access to the predator laptop at the moment to look inside, but wanted to know if I'll need some sort of screw to install the SSD into place. Does the Predator 15 G9-593-735L come with a screw already installed from the factory for the M.2 bay? If not, what kind of screw will I need to purchase?

After I install the SSD into the bay, I'll go off google searches and youtube videos to help with the software process.

Best Answer

• Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    Answer ✓
    Hi, Below is the detail of screw which you will need to install SSD Module.

Not sure whether the computer come with SSD screw or not. The computer comes with 1TB HDD and no SSD. Hence, I hope it may not come with screw. 
     :) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

Answers

• Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    Answer ✓
    Hi, Below is the detail of screw which you will need to install SSD Module.

Not sure whether the computer come with SSD screw or not. The computer comes with 1TB HDD and no SSD. Hence, I hope it may not come with screw. 
     :) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,086 Trailblazer
    Hi,
    You may not get a screw in the laptop as your laptop comes with only a 1TB HDD, on the other hand there may be one already in place but you won't know until you open, so wait until you get hold of it, the size of the screw needed is M2.0x3.0, try to buy it in a local repair shop.
  • Envelope
    Envelope Member Posts: 2 New User
    Thanks to all. Going to try to buy it in a local repair shop as said by brummyfan2!