Where is my dropbox code?

Options
raagkush
raagkush Member Posts: 21 Networker
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
I registered my predator on Acer and got a dropbox reference code(25GB, 1 Year). I decided to use it later. But now when I am checking it, I can't find it anywhere, neither in my product section nor in my email. Where to find it?

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Options
    raagkush 

The promotion must be redeemed within 90 days of acquiring your device. You must sign up or sign in to Dropbox on your eligible device and complete five of the Get Started steps within 90 days of acquiring your device.

You can verify your promotional space by going to your account page and clicking "View all space earned".

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• raagkush
    Options
    Sorry, this didn't answer my question. I am not able to find my code for Dropbox itself. It's not a Dropbox problem but Acer website problem.
  • Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Options
    raagkush said:
    Sorry, this didn't answer my question. I am not able to find my code for Dropbox itself. It's not a Dropbox problem but Acer website problem.

Use the instructions below to register your product to receive the free offer.
    Register your Acer Microsoft Windows laptops, desktops and tablets at http://www.acer.com.
    Go to My Products to receive your Dropbox redemption code. Visit www.dropbox.com/coupon and enter your redemption code.

Since you are uanble to find the code in the "my product" page you may contact Acer support in your region and try to reterive the code.
    Acer India :  https://www.acer.com/ac/en/IN/content/service-contact 
    Acer worldwide : http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/

• Roland_Lorinczi
    Roland_Lorinczi Member Posts: 126 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    edited June 2018
    Options
    @Sharanji that "karma-*****.. *CAUGH! I mean like-farming, isn't too helpful and no you didn't solve his issue :)
    I'm sure he arrived at the same conclusions alone as well if no-one can help but hoped a staff member could help out.

I am facing the same dilemma by the way. No code showing up yet I meet all the requirements and should be eligible :) 
    And the offer expires in 13 day sooo...yeah It'd be nice if someone could actually help :)

@raagkush Did contacting your local Acer support help you get a code? :) Did you reach out to them?

Edited: Acer-David
    ⚠️ If you're affected by the System Hang/ Black Screen issue:

Official Fix Announced by Acer_Manny
    Instructions for FIX

Currently owned Acer systems:
    💻 Predator Helios 300 (PH317-52) - i7 8750H, GTX 1060, Win 10 64bit (build 1803), 8gb Ram (single channel), WD Blue 256GB SSD in M.2 slot, 931GB Hitachi HGST factory Hard drive. [Owned New Since 2018, May 22nd - Overheating (solved-ish) , PredatorSense not working (solved) & BLACK SCREEN ISSUE (BIOS update 1.15) ] 
    💻 Predator Helios 300 (PH315-51) - Same specs and issues as above 
    💻 Aspire 5750G - 2nd Gen. i5 processor, 4gigs of ram, nVidia GT 540M [Owned new Since 2010 - in working condition]

:) Status: Been with Acer since 2010 - Was disappointed with the Blackscreen issue & lack of interaction from staff for ~1week
    But Acer_Manny and the Acer team came through with BIOS announcement and upload.
  • Roland_Lorinczi
    edited June 2018
    Options
    @Acer-Manny May I ask you to take a look at the dropbox code not appearing for us on the Product page?

I found the offer is in the code (cleared with "hidden" ) and of course the serial code isn't accessible.
    But It seems we should be eligible yet it won't appear :/ And the offer expires in less than 2 weeks :(

Below is the image with the "hidden" cleared from the code (of course I couldn't retrieve the serial code).

And this is how it shows up instead:

[Post edited to remove inappropriate or personal content -Acer-Manny]

Instructions for FIX

💻 Predator Helios 300 (PH317-52) - i7 8750H, GTX 1060, Win 10 64bit (build 1803), 8gb Ram (single channel), WD Blue 256GB SSD in M.2 slot, 931GB Hitachi HGST factory Hard drive. [Owned New Since 2018, May 22nd - Overheating (solved-ish) , PredatorSense not working (solved) & BLACK SCREEN ISSUE (BIOS update 1.15) ] 
    💻 Aspire 5750G - 2nd Gen. i5 processor, 4gigs of ram, nVidia GT 540M [Owned new Since 2010 - in working condition]

:) Status: Been with Acer since 2010 - Was disappointed with the Blackscreen issue & lack of interaction from staff for ~1week
    But Acer_Manny and the Acer team came through with BIOS announcement and upload.
  • raagkush
    edited June 2018
    Options
    When I registered my product dropbox code did show up for the first time. But I was sure that they must have sent me a mail with code or I can check it later whenever I want, so I didn't note it anywhere. But neither did they send mail nor I can check here.
    I didn't reach to customer care as I already use other clouds and wasn't really in need of 25GB for 1 year.
  • sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I registered when i made this account here a few weeks ago. When i came on this thread, i went to "my products" page, and the code was there. So then i went n redeemed it. And then went to "My products" page again, and the code was still there.

White spaces:
    1. laptop serial number
    2. drop box code

Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045
  • Roland_Lorinczi
    Options
    @sri369 Well using the same link and I don't have that...Could it be that it only works in the US?  :/
    But then why would they advertise it everywhere and not specify that anywhere?
    It should work for me too then. I tried using the US version of the page as well as my local version...neither of them work...:(

Instructions for FIX

• Roland_Lorinczi
    Options
    Sharanji said:
    raagkush said:

Use the instructions below to register your product to receive the free offer.
    Register your Acer Microsoft Windows laptops, desktops and tablets at http://www.acer.com.
    Go to My Products to receive your Dropbox redemption code. Visit www.dropbox.com/coupon and enter your redemption code.

Since you are uanble to find the code in the "my product" page you may contact Acer support in your region and try to reterive the code.
    Acer India :  https://www.acer.com/ac/en/IN/content/service-contact 
    Acer worldwide : http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/

I just contacted my local Acer support and shy of laughing me in the face they stated there's no way they can help. If I have a faulty product, they got me but with something like this I should "fill out a form on there" (Do any of you know of the existence of a support form for Acer, cause I don't :) ).

So yeah...This is as far as I got with this... :) 

Instructions for FIX

• sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder
    Options
    @Roland_Lorinczi

Sorry to hear that buddy :-( The ad doesn't state anything about being location specific to my knowledge.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    Options
    Hi Roland_Lorinczi and raagkush,

Sorry to hear you are having problems.

Please send me the serial number and Acer ID via PM for follow up.

Thanks,
    Acer-Manny 
  • Elmerfin
    Elmerfin Member Posts: 6 New User
    Options
    Hi Acer-Manny....same problem here....no any sign of DB code as shown in this thread(on product page).
    Could you help me also? 
  • Roland_Lorinczi
    Options
    @Elmerfin Apparently there was some level of miscommunication/misinterpretation in my case :)
    I was told I'm not eligible as my unit didn't come with Windows on it out of the box.
    It was one I purchased and had Linux on it.
    Doesn't matter that I'm using an Acer machine along with a legitimate copy of windows 10 - in this case the offer doesn't apply.

If you're case is the same i don't think you can get the extra storage space.
    Also the offer expired altogether already if I'm not mistaken :/

Instructions for FIX

• Elmerfin
    Options
    Hmmm... THX for this extra ℹnformation. In my case laptop were sold with win10... But... ***** .. Yep offer expired end of last month.
    I got confirmation email after registering new laptop (yesterday) and first on that email were "Your latest offer" .. So this expiring really surprised me  
    So no extra DB space this timr. 😕.  Thanks once again this information! 
  • Elmerfin
    Options
    However... If I click "read more"... There is final claim date of Dropbox offer  end of year 2018.. Interesting .. Two different dates.. which one is correct?... Just thinking aloud.

• Elmerfin
    Options
    "Offer Eligibility
    This Offer is open to both new and existing Dropbox users who buy and register a new and eligible Acer
    device. The Offer must be claimed by 31 December 2018, and can be redeemed only once per device" 
  • Arsam
    Arsam Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    @Acer-Manny I have the same problem a lot of other people are having on this forum, I just bought my Acer Aspire 7 laptop yesterday with a pre-installed windows on it yesterday, yet when I open the my products page (https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/my-products) after registering my product I do not get the coupon code for dropbox. If I also PM you my details can you please follow this up?
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    Options

Hi Arsam,

The end date of the Dropbox promo was June 30th , so all the devices registered after this date are not eligible for the promotion.

We apologize for any inconvenience,

Acer-Manny

This discussion has been closed.