How to resolve the error while launching Predator Sense?

Vinayak096
Vinayak096 Member Posts: 43 Devotee WiFi Icon
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
I'm getting error while launching Predator Sense application ; "the service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices with it." How can i resolve this issue?

Best Answer

• Vinayak096
    Answer ✓
    Issue resolved by Following these steps :
    1. Installed the turbo boost driver from the Acer driver page
    2. Installed the predator sense from the setup file available on the acer page 
    3. The same predator sense installer folder will have a file e917f4dfb84a45c2be385f83479d3c9a
    after running that, It worked!
    (Note: Do not disable any services while following the above procedure. In my case the Windows Update Service was disabled)

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,077 Trailblazer
    Hi,
    Could you please post the model of your laptop, did you do a clean install of Windows 10?
  • Vinayak096
    I've clean installed the Windows 10  on my PH 315-51
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,077 Trailblazer
    Hi,
    Unfortunately, that's the problem, when you did the clean install you have lost the recovery partition, so you may have to buy Acer recovery USB from Acer and install the Factory image.
  • Vinayak096
    I don't want to install that bloatware, there might be some other way right? 
  • XdxD
    XdxD Member Posts: 1,581 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Hi,
    Unfortunately, that's the problem, when you did the clean install you have lost the recovery partition, so you may have to buy Acer recovery USB from Acer and install the Factory image.
    My recovery is gone too but Acer Programs work well.
    Trying to do my best here - Your happy Predator owner =)!
  • Vinayak096
    XdxD said:
    Hi,
    My recovery is gone too but Acer Programs work well.
    How did you make it work? @predatorsense
  • Vinayak096
    Answer ✓
    3. The same predator sense installer folder will have a file e917f4dfb84a45c2be385f83479d3c9a
    (Note: Do not disable any services while following the above procedure. In my case the Windows Update Service was disabled)
  • Granite1
    Granite1 Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

So are you saying you got Predator sense to work on a fresh install of 10 after you followed these steps?

Just trying to make sure because I'm looking to fresh install 10 Enterprise on my G9-793 that I just got 2 days ago.The more I read the more confused I get. lol

I'd like to at least retain the Predator Sense app to mess with the keyboard backlight and make profiles.
  • Vinayak096
    Granite1 said:
    So are you saying you got Predator sense to work on a fresh install of 10 after you followed these steps?

Just trying to make sure because I'm looking to fresh install 10 Enterprise on my G9-793 that I just got 2 days ago.The more I read the more confused I get. lol

I'd like to at least retain the Predator Sense app to mess with the keyboard backlight and make profiles.
    Predator Sense is working fine after fresh install followed by above steps.
  • Granite1
    Granite1 Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

Granite1 said:

Predator Sense is working fine after fresh install followed by above steps.
    BOOM!!

You are the man! Thank you for that. Now I won't hesitate to reload 10 Enterprise.