HELP! Predator G3-710 3GB-1060 Gaming Desktop Keeps Randomly Turning OFF! D:

Kaiden
Kaiden Member Posts: 3 New User
edited February 15 in 2018 Archives
Recently I got a Predator G3-710 3GB-1060 Gaming Desktop from Harvey Norman. Now randomly the PC will switch straight off. Sometimes I would just turn it back on again (then it would randomly turn off later on while i'm using it) But sometimes it would turn off and then I would have to get my brother to unplug the PC then put it back in again to work. Tell me this, I use a Dell Moniter with my PC. (this Dell moniter isn't any thing fancy it's just an normal desktop moniter) so could the problem be that the moniter is just bad with my PC?  Anyways,

Kind Regards
-Kaiden

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,700 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Unlikely to be the monitor unless when you think the PC is turning off it's actually the monitor. Do things like the num lock indicator stay on when in failure mode, or do they also turn off? When in failure mode can you bring up the menu on the monitor? Do you get any indication of overheating just before it turns off (fans run faster, temp monitor software shows numbers near or above 100C)?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    Answer ✓
    Unlikely to be the monitor unless when you think the PC is turning off it's actually the monitor. Do things like the num lock indicator stay on when in failure mode, or do they also turn off? When in failure mode can you bring up the menu on the monitor? Do you get any indication of overheating just before it turns off (fans run faster, temp monitor software shows numbers near or above 100C)?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Kaiden
    Kaiden Member Posts: 3 New User
    billsey, first of all i'm sorry for taking a few days to reply, but yes. The fans do go on slightly faster. It may be something to do with over heating.
  • billsey
    NP, I'm not the one who should be anxiously waiting for things to work right again. :) Try installing a temperature monitoring app. I'm using CoreTemp on my Switch but most any of them should work. When the fans start to speed up check to see where the temps are, anything close to 100°C is an indication it's likely shutting down due to overtemp. I'm not sure if there's a way to monitor the temp on the graphics card but a quick Google should find out. One possible scenario has the graphics overheating while the processor remains in spec, with the card shutting down and not the whole computer.