Mighty_Action_X Member Posts: 4 New User
edited August 2023 in 2018 Archives
1. Acer aspire E1-451g
CPU: AMD A8 4500M
VC: Radeon 8750M 2GB
Ram: 3GB DDR3
HDD: 500GB
2. BIOS Password
3. Gift from my cousin, suddenly unable to boot, i think the CMOS batt. died, and so i replaced the batt. and the BIOS setting returned to default, and then when i pressed f2,
it ask for a password, boot from other device not working (f12), and i think the boot sequence list is gone, cant boot on HDD, USB or even CD..
4. After 3 Password tried on bios, it says "System Halt!", no code or what so ever. 
5. thanks, hope you can help me..

Answers

• Tmzdroid
    Tmzdroid Member Posts: 88 Fixer WiFi Icon
    I sounds like your cousin has previously set a bios password ask him.
  • Mighty_Action_X
    already asked her, and i know that she doesn't know what is a bios and i doubt that she will be messing with it, also, she said that no repairs has been made before she gave it to me,
  • Red-Sand
    Red-Sand ACE Posts: 1,892 Pathfinder
    Unfortunately this happens quite a bit when new CMOS are installed..
    There is a jumper on the motherboard that needs to be set a certain way to reset the battery but it is an advanced repair.. (If you try this Id suggest having a technician do it for you)
    You can also try removing he CMOS again as well as the main battery and press the power button multiple times to drain any charge in the system, then replace the battery and CMOS and try again.
    - Hotel Hero
  • Mighty_Action_X
    tried removing the batt. after 30 mins. put it back, press the power button, still the same.
    tried removing the batt. power it on without the batt, still the same.
    tried removing the batt. pressed power button for 10 mins. then put it back, still the same.
    i tried all of that without the main batt. and no power adapter plugged in,
    is there a jumper on this model?, cause i cant seem to find it.
  • Red-Sand
    Red-Sand ACE Posts: 1,892 Pathfinder
    It might be under the mainboard, I haven't attempted to locate it myself. 

Have you tried using the old battery to see if allows BIOs access? 
    Maybe you can set it yourself (password) from there then switch? 
    - Hotel Hero
  • Mighty_Action_X
    tried to return the old batt. and got same result, click power button, pressed f2, and need password screen popup, so cant enter bios to setup anything.