Acer swift 3 type-c use

rajulmondal5
rajulmondal5 Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
What is the use of this port ?
I tried to transfer data from pc to laptop using type c Cable that I use for my phone but its not working

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    rajulmondal5
    What is the full model number of your device?
  • rajulmondal5

Tinkerer

ACER SWIFT 3 RYZEN 5 SF315-41
  • rajulmondal5

Tinkerer

Anyone else have any idea about what is the use of the type c port 
  • Sharanji
    @rajulmondal5

Sorry for the delay in response. This model USB Type-C port connects to USB devices that adopt the USB Type-C connector. Supports USB 3.1 Type-C, Gen 1 with transfer speeds up to 5 Gb/s.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • rajulmondal5

Tinkerer

Sharanji said:
    @rajulmondal5

Sorry for the delay in response. This model USB Type-C port connects to USB devices that adopt the USB Type-C connector. Supports USB 3.1 Type-C, Gen 1 with transfer speeds up to 5 Gb/s.

can i transfer laptop to laptop or laptop to pc or pc to laptop file transfer using type-c ?
  • Sharanji
    can i transfer laptop to laptop or laptop to pc or pc to laptop file transfer using type-c ?
    This is more a software question than a hardware one. I’m not sure if Windows supports this.
    In theory, if both PC naturally have USB-C and both have OTG capability, they can negotiate with each other and one can emulate, say, a disk drive. But I don't know of any controllers or Operating Systems that support this capability at this time.
    There are usb to usb connector cables for connecting two PCs, It has a bulge in the middle which is a host to communicate between the two PCs.

A USB Type-C port is a connector that allows you to easily connect USB Type-C peripherals, such as additional storage (e.g. an external drive, Android phone), or any other compatible device. The Type-C port is reversable; connectors may be inserted with either side up.