Microphone issue. Predator G9-593-735L, not picking up sound at all

Chafero
Chafero Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Greetings community, 

I just bought this G9-593-735L laptop from Newegg so I went head and installed fresh windows 10 and updated to the last update 1803. The issue is that I have been trying to play some games with some friends using Skype or the integrated voice chat from the game and everything but they could not hear me and could not hear them what they were saying. I looked at the configurations and everything look in correct. the microphone is shown in there sound panel and all that but when I speak the little volume levels that should go green up do not do anything. I tried connect some external headset with microphone cable and same thing, even wireless headset with microphones shown in the sound panel but same with the microphone not picking up sound when I speak no matter how loud.

I looked at older post about dolby digital problems with realtek drivers but could not solve anything. I do not know what else to do, any of you guys know of something on how to solve this problem? 
Thank you. 

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Chafero

Try using the Troubleshooter
    Go to Settings, Head over to Update & Security > Troubleshoot > Find Recording Audio, and click Run the troubleshooter
    Follow further on-screen instructions. Restart your computer

If issue persists try the below mentioned steps :
    >Re-enable the microphone in privacy settings to allow apps to use the microphone, it is not muted.
    >Disable Audio Enhancements , Recording devices > Enhancements tab > Disable all sound effects
    >Reset Windows Audio service, Go to Search, type services.msc, and open Services.
    Find the Windows Audio service.If this service is not enabled, right-click it, and select Start. If it’s enabled, right-click it and select Restart.

If the issue still persists, you can try reinstalling the audio driver Download

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!