Acer Predator Helios 300 G3-571 randomly shuts off when on battery

Dinomite07
Dinomite07 Member Posts: 45 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
So this problem has been occurring since yesterday. I pressed the battery reset button on the bottom of the laptop and uninstalled the battery control thing in device manager and nothing worked. The laptop works fine when its charging but when its on battery it randomly shuts off after like 5 to 10 minutes and won't turn on unless I plug it back in.

Answers

• Dinomite07
    Also for some reason for today, when I boot up the laptop the temp reaches 70 c......
  • Dinomite07
    hmm did the battery reset again and waited 5 minutes seems to be working so far
  • Dinomite07
    so i used throttlestop again and the laptop boots at 50 c, but the laptop keeps shutting off randomly below 50% battery
  • Dinomite07
    i have had the laptop for 4 months, i never dropped it or anything, it has been working fine till yesterday, i check the bottom and everything is screwed in tightly. either the new window update messed up the laptop or there is a hardware problem :'(:'(:'(
  • Dinomite07
    So the laptop shuts down under 50% battery life when unplugged and the charge keeps disconnecting and reconnecting... :s
  • LUGI
    LUGI Member Posts: 1 New User
    So this problem has been occurring since yesterday. I pressed the battery reset button on the bottom of the laptop and uninstalled the battery control thing in device manager and nothing worked. The laptop works fine when its charging but when its on battery it randomly shuts off after like 5 to 10 minutes and won't turn on unless I plug it back in.
    I WAS HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM FOR A COUPLE MONTHS. HERE'S WHAT I DID
    1, OPEN THE LAPTOP
    2,REMOVE TAPE FROM ON TOP OF BATTERY
    3, CAREFULLY DISCONNECT THE BATTERY (DISCONNECT THE PINS BY PULLING ON THE EXTREMES OF THE CONNECTOR)
    4, TURN OVER AND HOLD DOWN POWER BUTTON FOR 30 SECONDS
    5. RECONNECT AND CLOSE BACK THE LAPTOP.
    I'VE BEEN RUNNING SMOOTHLY FOR OVER A WEEK NOW

• xxKSRxx
    xxKSRxx Member Posts: 1 New User
    I had the same problem about a month ago. Got in contact with Acer support over e-mail, technician came in next day and the problem was that a switch ( photo attached ) was getting blocked. He just toggled the switch manually 4-5 times and everything was fine. The process is easy and on can do it themselves as well. 
    1. Remove the lid over the RAM slots
    2. There will be a little sliding switch below the ram sticks.
    3. Just slide the switch back and forth a few times and check your laptop after that.

Tell if that helps!
  • SoulHacker
    SoulHacker Member Posts: 2 New User
    xxKSRxx said:
    I had the same problem about a month ago. Got in contact with Acer support over e-mail, technician came in next day and the problem was that a switch ( photo attached ) was getting blocked. He just toggled the switch manually 4-5 times and everything was fine. The process is easy and on can do it themselves as well. 
    3. Just slide the switch back and forth a few times and check your laptop after that.

Tell if that helps!
    Do you know the purpose of that switch??
  • Utkal97
    Utkal97 Member Posts: 1 New User
    xxKSRxx said:

Tell if that helps!
    I was facing the same issue, and this helped and I wonder how. Thanks man, you are great.