Why does my swift 3 not updating to the latest windows 10?

Options
GeorgeMathew008
GeorgeMathew008 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
When trying to update, there is an error as the device is not compatible. Please help.

Answers

• dorbar
    dorbar Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Me to!!!!!!!
    I was speechless, surprised, shocked!!!! A brand new ACER Swift 3 and while updating to April Update of Win10  I got this surprise that the PC is not compatible with the latest Windows 10!!!!!! WHAAAAAAAAAATTTTT?!?!?!?!
    ACER????? XXX is goingon?!?!??!?!

Edited the thread
    Acer-Samuel
  • dorbar
    dorbar Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    ah found this link:

Windows April 2018 Update (1803) is unable to install on devices with Intel or Toshiba SSD drives

https://in.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/55336/~/windows-april-2018-update-(1803)-is-unable-to-install-on-devices-with-intel-or
    Though, I can not confirm yet that this solve the problem as I factory reset the whole ***** thing :-(

• Miqdad
    Miqdad Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Why is Acer Not Updating
  • Samuel-Acer
    Samuel-Acer Moderator Posts: 687 Moderator
    Options
    Miqdad said:
    Why is Acer Not Updating
    Please be informed that windows updates are provided by Microsoft and not by Acer. Also, when the updates are released by microsoft it would not be compatible for all the devices. Once a stable release is done you would get the windows updates available in your unit.

Request you to elaborate the issue to identify and provide you a solution.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,921 Trailblazer
    Options
    Microsoft has been careful to say that some computers will not be supported at the first release, they will let you know when it's supported. You only run into this issue if you try to manually update before they are ready for you.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.