Need help updating Extensa 4220 BIOS please

mlb18uk
mlb18uk Member Posts: 1 New User
Hi All

im trying to update my extensa 4220 bios but having no luck whatsoever.  I updated the OS to windows 10 64 recently, and now im trying to update bios to 1.33 before I try upgrade the cpu.  unfortunately when i download the 1.33v bios and try run BWA-133.exe it just says sys.flash failed.  Ive tried updating the bios from USB at bootup to no gain.  Ive tried getting a copy of the raw .rom bios and updating again in DOS/USB on bootup and also using winflash, both to no joy.

Can someone help? Is it all down to fact ive updated the OS and need to roll back to XP? Or am I missing something?

Thanks very much

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    What problems are you having with the existing BIOS firmware that you feel an update will fix? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• shulickp
    shulickp Member Posts: 2 New User
    you did not answer the user's question w another question??? instead of a plain answer on how to upgrade bios w BWA-133.exe,??? Either you don't know or wont help??? get off here if you cant be of service Acer user's!?
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    Due to the risks of irreversible side effects or bricking, BIOS firmware updates should only be applied to machines that have serious functional issues that cannot be resolved by usual driver software updates.

Jack E/NJ

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    And it's really a moot point anyway... I see no BIOS versions on the Acer support site for the Extensa 4220 models.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.