I can't find my 1 TB hard disk.

satvik
satvik Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 18 in 2019 Archives

I just purchased an Acer Predator Helios 300 PH315-51 with windows 10. After starting the laptop, I have set up the windows 10.

As soon as that process was over and the desktop screen appeared, Inter Rapid Storage Technology asked me to create a recovery drive, I clicked on yes, create one. But that software has converted my whole 1 TB hard disk to a recovery drive, and I'm unable to change its type. Windows is installed in another 128 GB SSD. I have checked all other solutions from the discussions similar to my problem, but nothing worked.

I checked from the BIOS, the HDD is there, working fine, but I cannot see it in the My Computer, nor in the disk management.

Then I started a memory diagnostic test, which didn't give any result. Then I tried the solution I found on the internet about using the cmd.

didn't help much...

And I know it's still there because I can see it in Intel's RST software.

I also looked for the solution in the INTEL's RST guide, but couldn't find any...

I want my whole 1 TB drive as a normal storage drive, does not need any recovery drive.

Please help me

Answers

• Évora
    Évora Member Posts: 5 New User
    edited July 2018
    I have the same problem... have you managed to fix it?
  • Anh_Bui
    Anh_Bui Member Posts: 1 New User
    Same to me. I've just received the laptop yesterday and start to set up this morning, was frustrated for hours now :(
  • Animesh540
    Animesh540 Member Posts: 1 New User
    I Also have the same problem. 1 TB HDD is converted into Recovery drive. Someone suggest me what to do? I am facing problem since then. I have to start online courses but can't. Can anyone solve this problem?
  • BarnnyRubble
    BarnnyRubble Member Posts: 4 New User
    HI, same issue as above. Found any solutions?
  • Shivam_t
    Shivam_t Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have the same problem as well, same model, if anyone can give the link to raid tool for this model currently working
  • Minhas
    Minhas Member Posts: 1 New User
    I've same problem. I searched on internet and reached on this conclusion that cables that goes to motherboard from HDD are loosen up.