No Power - Acer R5-471T-51un

wwagnerjr
wwagnerjr Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
So my Laptop, an Acer R5-471T-51un, no longer turns on and the place where it usually shows a Red or Green light for power doesn't show anything.  I thought maybe our charging core was the problem and that my laptop battery was dead and just needed to be charged, but I bought a brand new charging core and it's still not turning on or showing any signs it's getting or has any power.  I will also add that the end of both charging Ford's that goes into the laptop seem loose using both cords. Anyone have any ideas of what the issue might be as what I can try or do to figure out the problem?  Is it possible that the battery is just read and no longer works?  I know we would have our laptop turned on all since we bought it.  If it is the battery is that something easily fixed?  I seen I can buy a new battery online for my laptop, but also I noticed that the entire bottom case would need to be removed and even then I'm not sure how easily it is to get where the old battery is and replace it.  I did add memory when I first bought it so I can make minor changes, but I'm not expert by any means.  

So  where and what should I do to troubleshoot my problem? If it's not the battery, and not the charging cord, what else could it be?  I really need to try to get this working again soon as I pay my bills using it.  Please any advice you can offer me is appreciated.

**If it needs a battery change and you have a link to a video showing how to do it on my type of laptop please don't hesitate to add  the link to your response.  Thanks again for any help

Answers

• DarkRaNgEr
    DarkRaNgEr Member Posts: 92 Fixer WiFi Icon

Hi wwagnerjr,

If your computer will not power on or your battery is behaving abnormally, try resetting the battery using the pinhole reset button. This process will temporarily disconnect and then reconnect the internal battery. 

1. Unplug AC power adapter.
    2. Locate the battery reset pinhole on the bottom of the computer.
    3. Insert a small paperclip in the battery reset pinhole. Hold the reset button for 4 seconds.
    4. Let the computer sit for 5 minutes with no power.
    5. Connect the AC adapter and power on the system

Hope this power reset will work, else kindly contact Acer in warranty support if there is a warranty (http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/) or else please check with any local hardware technician.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!  
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
    Did this answer the question? Yes · No

Thanks and Regards,

DarkRaNgEr