How to install Acer epower Application in my Acer Swift 3 Ryzen Notebook.

nrj017
nrj017 Member Posts: 26 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
There is no setup.exe in driver folder which i downloaded from acer website.
my notebook model is 'acer sf315 41'
Download epower driver from acer website and please tell me is there any way to install it.

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,469 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    @nrj017 >>>my laptop came with a linux based OS so i upgraded it to windows 10.>>>

Sorry, the ACER Epower App won't work properly under generic version of Win10 that is installed on an ACER factory-delivered Linux only machine. Only the Microsoft power apps will work from Control Panel. You would need to purchase and use the ACER-specific Win10 installation media that is tied to your machine's serial number id (SNID) that has all the ACER drivers needed for the Epower app to function properly. The ACER Win10 installation media might not be available in your region so you would have to contact your ACER service center to see if they can get it for your. Jack E/NJ     

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    It's a compressed zip file. You must double click on it to decompress it and another folder should appear with EXEs. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• nrj017
    JackE said:
    It's a compressed zip file. You must double click on it to decompress it and another folder should appear with EXEs. Jack E/NJ

i decompressed it there are three application files(.exe) when i clicked on them cmd prompt open up then nothing happens.
    i checked in control panel for installed programs but it is not there. so is it installed or not.
  • JackE
    There are 5 EXEs. Try double-clicking on the "PowerSettingUtility_amd64.exe" Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• nrj017
    edited May 2018
    JackE said:
    There are 5 EXEs. Try double-clicking on the "PowerSettingUtility_amd64.exe" Jack E/NJ

I clicked on "PowerSettingUtility_amd64.exe" then a cmd Prompt open and closes after 10 second.

• JackE
    Right click on the "PowerSettingUtility_amd64.exe" . Choose 'run as administrator' Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• nrj017
    JackE said:
    Right click on the "PowerSettingUtility_amd64.exe" . Choose 'run as administrator' Jack E/NJ
    Did that still nothing happened. CMD prompt pops up then closes in 5-8 seconds.
    it there any way to check if it is installed. i checked Program and Features in control panel and program files in C: drive
  • JackE
    edited May 2018
    Check for this installation subdirectory on the C:\ drive.   C:\Program Files\acer\acer epower management\epowermsg.exe . If it's missing, do you have any idea on why or how it might've been deleted from the factory-installed software? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• nrj017
    JackE said:
    Check for this installation subdirectory on the C:\ drive.   C:\Program Files\acer\acer epower management\epowermsg.exe . If it's missing, do you have any idea on why or how it might've been deleted from the factory-installed software? Jack E/NJ
    i checked for mentioned files in my laptop but they are not there. i did not deleted the software,my laptop came with a linux based OS so i upgraded it to windows 10.
  • JackE
    Answer ✓
    @nrj017 >>>my laptop came with a linux based OS so i upgraded it to windows 10.>>>

Sorry, the ACER Epower App won't work properly under generic version of Win10 that is installed on an ACER factory-delivered Linux only machine. Only the Microsoft power apps will work from Control Panel. You would need to purchase and use the ACER-specific Win10 installation media that is tied to your machine's serial number id (SNID) that has all the ACER drivers needed for the Epower app to function properly. The ACER Win10 installation media might not be available in your region so you would have to contact your ACER service center to see if they can get it for your. Jack E/NJ     

Jack E/NJ

• nrj017
    JackE said:

Thank you.