Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

throttlestop????????????????

asad814asad814 Posts: 325Member Seasoned Practitioner
so i have undervolted my cpu(i7 6700hq) to -129mV using throttlestop......but i dont know how to check whether my laptop crashes or not. However i have played some heavy games and they are working fine. is there any kind of software to be installed??????? thanks

Best Answers

• brummyfan2brummyfan2 Posts: 10,449 Trailblazer
    Accepted Answer
    Hi,
    I think you are doing the right thing, you don't need to strain your hardware with such programs, as long as you can play heavy games without crashing and the temps are under control, you are OK but if you insist, you could try Prime 95 to test the stability of your system, make sure that you don't use it often.
    https://overclocking.guide/stability-testing-with-prime-95/
  • brummyfan2brummyfan2 Posts: 10,449 Trailblazer
    Accepted Answer
    asad814 said:
    thanks for the answer.....also mention how long should i do stress test?????? yes i have played some heavy games but probably like half an hour.
    Hi,
    Yes, half an hour to 1Hr should be fine.

FAQ & Answers

• munkaymunkay Posts: 26Member Enthusiast
    edited May 16
    Download an application called Prime95 and leave it running the torture test - that should put CPU up to 90%+ for a while.

http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/prime95-download.html

It's one thing having it stable during an artificial benchmark though, so if you are good with Prime95, then it looking positive that all is well with day to day tasks. Worst case, if you get a crash, then just reel it in a bit - no harm done :)
  • brummyfan2brummyfan2 Posts: 10,449ACE Trailblazer
    Accepted Answer
    Hi,
    I think you are doing the right thing, you don't need to strain your hardware with such programs, as long as you can play heavy games without crashing and the temps are under control, you are OK but if you insist, you could try Prime 95 to test the stability of your system, make sure that you don't use it often.
    https://overclocking.guide/stability-testing-with-prime-95/
  • asad814asad814 Posts: 325Member Seasoned Practitioner
    thanks for the answer.....also mention how long should i do stress test?????? yes i have played some heavy games but probably like half an hour.
  • brummyfan2brummyfan2 Posts: 10,449ACE Trailblazer
    Accepted Answer
    asad814 said:
    Hi,
    Yes, half an hour to 1Hr should be fine.