BIOS TMP 255-M

msihtasham
msihtasham Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hello Acer Community 
I am using Travelmate TMP 255-M since 2 years 
Why you are no updating BIOS to 2.18 even 2.17 have so many lagacy and it needs to improve ODD response and system stability by giving upgrading BIOS version.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,329 Trailblazer
    I am not aware of any BIOS updates that are needed to solve general widespread problems with legacy software, DVD ODD performance or operating system instabilities for this particular model??? (1) What specific legacy problem do you have? (2) What ODD performance response is a problem? (3) What Windows instabilities are you seeing? ? Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• msihtasham

Tinkerer

Well thanks for replying
    suddenly high speed fan (Noisy)
    Windows instabilities mean sometimes windows 10 take too much time to start on startup 

TMP 255-M 
    8 GB RAM DDR3 
    i5 @1.6 
    2048 MB intel HD 4400

One more important thing is that there is no heavy service or heavy software is running on my Machine 

I also contacted to Microsoft they told me to contact you Manufacturer Machine and that is Acer :) 
    My BIOS version is now 2.17 

I think Acer should upgrade BIOS for TMP 255-M
    So if there are any flaws in Board should be mitigated on new update 
    Well This is my suggestion  
  • JackE
    If you have any non-Microsoft anti-virus or anti-malware running, try uninstalling them to increase startup speed. Windows defender does a perfectly fine job. Also check your power options and follow recommendations here https://lifehacker.com/enable-this-setting-to-make-windows-10-boot-up-faster-1743697169. Also, when did you notice the fan suddenly getting noisier? Was it after a Win10 update? Was it after you changed the BIOS firmware? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• msihtasham

Tinkerer

Thanks alot its working fine for me now fan speed getting noiser after april update 
  • JackE
    @msihtasham Thanks for the report! I hope this means Microsoft is finally getting around to fixing some of the issues created by its earlier Win10updates. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ