intel UHD graphic 630 not working in 1803 window version. can you solve my problem

Options
praveen001
praveen001 Member Posts: 23 Networker
edited March 18 in 2018 Archives
using intel UHD graphic 630 (i5- 8th[8300H CPU] generation) in Acer company laptop model name Predator PH315-51. currently i am using window 10 1803 version os. but when i try to update my graphic through Intel® Driver & Support Assistant  it show error message" the driver begin installed is not valid" because of these I am getting green screen while playing video . I also ask Microsoft through virtual agent but they replay intel driver related issue so contact intel about this. please help me

Best Answers

• Bluehacks
    Bluehacks Member Posts: 2 New User
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I had the same problem- as was unable to install the latest driver from the Intel website.

Issue: Post window update 1803-  Video and online video were not playing. It seems- windows 1803 supports intel latest version and not the old version which is available on the Acer website

Resolution: This is what i did- 
    Download the zip file instead from the Intel website
    Extract in the folder
    goto device manage--  WINS+pausebreak
    Under display Intel UHD Graphics 630 - Update driver - Brower from computer software - then select let me pick from the list availble - and select your graphic folder which u extracted- update the driver- and then reboot-

This is how i fixed. Hit like if it works
  • Lasitha
    Lasitha Member Posts: 2 New User
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Bluehacks said:
    I had the same problem- as was unable to install the latest driver from the Intel website.

Issue: Post window update 1803-  Video and online video were not playing. It seems- windows 1803 supports intel latest version and not the old version which is available on the Acer website

Extract in the folder
    Under display Intel UHD Graphics 630 - Update driver - Brower from computer software - then select let me pick from the list availble - and select your graphic folder which u extracted- update the driver- and then reboot-

Don't forget to uninstall the previous driver with "delete the driver software for this device"  box checked.Then manually install the driver with the Zip file.
  • vedang55
    vedang55 Member Posts: 21 Networker
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Acer has updated their intel vga drivers https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers, 23.20.16.5018 has no such issues

Answers

• Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    Options
    Hi, 1st you can uninstall the Intel UHD Graphics driver by following the methods explained in below web site

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005598/graphics-drivers.html

After uninstalling the driver, download the latest Intel UHD Graphics driver from the below website and install. 

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/126790/Intel-UHD-Graphics-630

This should certainly work!
     :) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

• praveen001
    Options
    I try to fix this problem  by first uninstalling the graphic then reinstalling  as you explain me in your comment but nothing change . still green screen appear while playing video and also I unable to play online videos. but when I disable the intel graphic now it's working.please help me
  • dinkromeo
    dinkromeo Member Posts: 5 New User
    Options
    Great man. I will solve your problem. Why shouldnt I help a brother in arms? You will not regret what I'm about to say. I too purchased this laptop, though i7 variant(8750H) thru the flipkart Big billion sale. I assume you too purchased it 2 days back. (13-05-2018).

As you might have already figured out, I too experienced the same issue. Tried all ways to get rid of the green screen in facebook and locally played video files. Audio was fine in both. As regards youtube , it was however a black screen with audio.

How to rectify this bug?

1. Simple. Go to your media player, for eg VLC and chaange the hardware acceleration to none.(somewhere in the settings)
    2. As regards your videos that you want to see in a web browser, use the same technique search for hardware acceleration and disable.

In case of clarification in the above 2 process, a simple youtube search could help you.

enjoy your machine. it is the best!
  • dinkromeo
    dinkromeo Member Posts: 5 New User
    Options
    importante: close chrome(browser)/Vlc(player) after you make the changes and start them again. You wont see  the changes without doing that. 
  • Bluehacks
    Bluehacks Member Posts: 2 New User
    Answer ✓
    Options

Extract in the folder

• Lasitha
    Lasitha Member Posts: 2 New User
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Bluehacks said:

Extract in the folder

Don't forget to uninstall the previous driver with "delete the driver software for this device"  box checked.Then manually install the driver with the Zip file.
  • shankar29rd
    shankar29rd Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    using intel UHD graphic 630 (i5- 8th[8300H CPU] generation) in Acer company laptop model name Predator PH315-51. currently i am using window 10 1803 version os. but when i try to update my graphic through Intel® Driver & Support Assistant  it show error message" the driver begin installed is not valid" because of these I am getting green screen while playing video . I also ask Microsoft through virtual agent but they replay intel driver related issue so contact intel about this. please help me
    @praveen001 have you been facing any isssues with the predator sense application?
    i have the same predator PH315-51 model, after updating the predator sense app from the acer site to 3.01.3000 the application it has stopped working. I can confirm that the update has taken place but the directory is missing "predatorsense.exe" to run it 
  • Ashrit
    Ashrit Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Thanks @Bluehacks, it solved the problem, This issue was after updating the windows and some how acer doesn't  allow to update the intel UHD 630 drivers, Drivers listed in acer support page are older. I initially turned  off the hardware acceleration when i was not able to play videos, but then i noticed that even web cam stopped working, when i switched it to run on Nvidia GPU it was working fine. I faced this issue with VLC, paint 3D etc.

Then I downloaded the latest Intel UHD 630 drivers from here https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27680/Graphics-Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10?product=98909 (Zip version, we can not install exe file)

unistalled the intel GPU and installed again  by browsing the file which i just downloaded

this resolved my issue
  • praveen001
    Options
    @praveen001 have you been facing any isssues with the predator sense application?
    i have the same predator PH315-51 model, after updating the predator sense app from the acer site to 3.01.3000 the application it has stopped working. I can confirm that the update has taken place but the directory is missing "predatorsense.exe" to run it 
    if u want to install predator sense . first step is download it from acer site then extract the file then you open the folder until  you find 3.01.3000_2018022 this folder. then you install it by using setup. after you finish this installation.
    open folder namely as PredetaorSenseV3.1 then install this file first e917f4dfb84a45c2be385f83479d3c9a. now you can fully use your predatorSense
  • deepanker
    deepanker Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

Options
    You can also do this:
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
       Microsoft Windows* "Have Disk" Installation 
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    1.  Click "Start", right-click "Computer", and click "Properties". 
    2.  Open "Device Manager" and select "Display Adapters".
    3.  Right click on the device listed under "Display Adapters" and select ‘Update Driver’.
    4.  Select "Browse my computer for driver software".
    5.  Select "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer".
    6.  Click on "Have Disk".
    7.  Click on “browse" and go to DriverFolder\Graphics
    8.  Select any *.INF file from the Graphics folder; select "Open" and then "Ok". 
    9.  Click the "Next" button and wait until the driver gets installed to get a message
       "Windows has successfully updated your driver software’.
  • vedang55
    vedang55 Member Posts: 21 Networker
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Acer has updated their intel vga drivers https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers, 23.20.16.5018 has no such issues