Can the laptop (Acer Swift 3 Ryzen 5 Quad Core SF315-41 be upgraded with SSD?

Options
ShivarajHolla
ShivarajHolla Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Dear Team,

I have trouble finding the acer authorised service center in Bangalore who can install SSD in the laptop without voiding the warranty.

The acer support team through email assistance has informed me that they don't support any up-gradation or down-gradation of the products and I can still up-grade on my own and it will be on my risk, they are not responsible for any warranty claims on the same.

They also shared a list of authorised service centres but when contacted them they say that they only do non warranty repairs/service/upgradation.
I'm in a fix. Please help.

Best Answer

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,133 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi,
    The warranty terms may be different in different regions, have you tried different States or different Service Centres near Bangalore? It seems a difficult situation but if you are desperate for an upgrade, I would suggest you to do it yourself, make sure to watch as many videos as you can, use a Antisatic wrist band to avoid any static electricity damage to internal parts, take your time to complete the upgrade without rushing, make sure that the screws are hand tight when you put them back( ie: don't overtighten), 
     https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGNzZBaTCeI

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,133 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi,
    The warranty terms may be different in different regions, have you tried different States or different Service Centres near Bangalore? It seems a difficult situation but if you are desperate for an upgrade, I would suggest you to do it yourself, make sure to watch as many videos as you can, use a Antisatic wrist band to avoid any static electricity damage to internal parts, take your time to complete the upgrade without rushing, make sure that the screws are hand tight when you put them back( ie: don't overtighten), 
     https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGNzZBaTCeI
  • ShivarajHolla
    ShivarajHolla Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Thank you! I'm desperate for an upgrade and I don't want to void the warranty. 
  • Sam9545
    Sam9545 Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

Options
    Strange
     In my city (Nagpur) acer service center guys do that without voiding the warranty. Try other service center or you can convince service center guys that your friends have same laptop and they upgraded SSD without voiding warranty. 

Also you need convince that the acer swift 3 has dedicated m.2 slot for SSD.
    Maybe it will work ...