My Predator x34 monitor keeps freezing. Help!

Options
poefosho
poefosho Member Posts: 1 New User
edited February 14 in 2018 Archives

My new UW monitor periodically freezes up like this and I have no idea why:

Other times, it will simply go totally black and the computer is still running. Does anyone have any ideas?

Here's some info.

I'm using a newly built computer. Here's the parts list: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/teacherjtaylor/saved/jyjFdC

Temperatures are ~30C at idle and 70c under full load.

I tried switching from a DP cable to HDMI, still getting the same thing.

Also tried changing graphics settings, including refresh rates. Does the same thing at 60, 85, and 100hz.

Tried it out on different titles. Witcher 3, Skyrim, and WoW at max and above-average settings. Getting the same.

I haven't run a memtest yet, which I probably should have done, but I'm not sure if that could be the issue. Computer is recognizing 16GB ram.

Anyone have any ideas? Please.

Answers

• Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    Options
    Hi, The X34 monitor may show a flicker if overclocked to 120Hz. If set to a lower setting, such as 110Hz, it may work fine. This device is designed to support refresh rate overclocking. However, overclocking may result in system instability. If you experience instability, try reducing the overclock to a lower refresh rate through the on-screen display settings.
     :) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)