Windows 1803 Nvidia vision bug

Flame
Flame Member Posts: 69 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
i install this update version 1803 windows 10 x64 on predator helios 300 PH317-51 and i have VERY annoying problem that i did not have before . When i close an open window of any app, like Chrome, Steam , KM player etc... It takes several sec to close it , the window remain dim, black transparent for 3-4 sec and then close.I uninstall both intel and nvidia one with DDU program. After installing intel drivers all was ok but after installing the nvidia one problem returns. Need to mention that OS build had an update (17134.48) and nvidia did in same day but the problem remains. Does someone else have similar problem and know solution? Please help. Thank you!

Best Answer

• Flame
    Answer ✓
    After replacing mother board and bios  the problem is gone

Answers

• asad814
    asad814 Member Posts: 371 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    please intall nvidia drivers version 388.71 and see if this works
  • Flame
    asad814 said:
    please intall nvidia drivers version 388.71 and see if this works
    same problem
  • Red-Sand
    Red-Sand ACE Posts: 1,892 Pathfinder
    Apparently the new windows. Update messed up the Intel drivers on a lot of Acer machines. 

Please go to Acers Driver Download page and download and install the Intel VGA/Chipset/ACHI drivers and install them.. If you get an error from nvidia then uninstall nvidia then proceed to install the intel drivers. 

Let me know if it works. 
    - Hotel Hero
  • Flame
    I uninstall both of them , then i just install Intel ones with windows update , then i reboot and test it  , not a single problem . Then i try the older version and the new version  of nvidia drivers... same problem. 
  • Flame
    And btw i did exactly what u said with intel driver ... same problem... then i install the nvidia one from acer site.. same problem..
  • Flame
    Somehow I try to do something  and for now it is working . I delete right click  shortcuts for nvidia and intel ( took instruction from this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZn7qOMQzFg )  and the ,,vision bug " is gone. For now.
  • Flame
    yeah   was gone for 4 h ... now it is back...
  • Flame
    just did a clean reinstall of windows on erased ssd... same visual bug problem...
  • Flame
    Answer ✓
    After replacing mother board and bios  the problem is gone