Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Getting a hard drive adapter kit for the A515-51-88NY?

Expo67Expo67 Posts: 2Member New User
I just bought a A515-51-88NY and have read the many challenges that owners have experienced getting an adapter kit for their A515-51 laptops.

Some members have contacted their regional technical support representatives and received mixed answers. Others have found the parts from a third party but paid some high prices for a bracket, a ribbon cable, and eight screws.

There seems to be a kit on the US Acer site here that might contain the parts for a A515-51-88NY, but this cannot be shipped to Canada.
https://us-store.acer.com/42-gp4n2-sv1-1

I am located in Canada. Who should I contact to get the parts that I need to add a HDD into my new A515-51-88NY laptop?

Best Answers

• chumpchump Posts: 1 New User
    edited May 15 Accepted Answer
    It should work. I have an A515-51-86AQ and I bought and installed that exact kit. I have a Corsair Force LE 2.5" 480GB SATA III running right now using that cable and bracket.

My laptop is a refurb from Newegg (out of warranty), and whatever technical support I called redirected me to some third party seller trying to get me to pay $30 + $7 shipping for the same thing. Shady. Just buy it directly from Acer.
  • Rudy21Rudy21 Posts: 299
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @expo67 you can contact acer technical support to place the order and Yes this part 42.GP4N2.SV1 is very much compatible with your model number. You can reach them via tel:1866-695-2237

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click "accept" if it answers your question  :) 

Answers

• AvaGreyAvaGrey Posts: 1Member New User
    I have an issue with Acer Laptop Hard Disk..please send me your view on my website: https://acercustomerservice.com/acer-laptop-keyboard-repair/
  • Expo67Expo67 Posts: 2Member New User
    Would someone be able to confirm if the kit 42.GP4N2.SV1 iisted at the link below is compatible with the A515-51-88NY laptop?

https://us-store.acer.com/42-gp4n2-sv1-1
  • chumpchump Posts: 1Member New User
    edited May 15 Accepted Answer
    It should work. I have an A515-51-86AQ and I bought and installed that exact kit. I have a Corsair Force LE 2.5" 480GB SATA III running right now using that cable and bracket.

My laptop is a refurb from Newegg (out of warranty), and whatever technical support I called redirected me to some third party seller trying to get me to pay $30 + $7 shipping for the same thing. Shady. Just buy it directly from Acer.
  • Rudy21Rudy21 Posts: 299Ally
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @expo67 you can contact acer technical support to place the order and Yes this part 42.GP4N2.SV1 is very much compatible with your model number. You can reach them via tel:1866-695-2237

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click "accept" if it answers your question  :)