Acer Aspire Z5771 dedicated gpu won't work.

Options
Vanlierde
Vanlierde Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 1 in 2019 Archives
Hi,

I've got an Aspire Z5771 with the I3-2120 cpu and no dedicated gpu, just the intel hd display adaptor. I know that there is a model that has a geforce gt 520/530 built inside. Now I have opened up my z5771 and there is indeed a pci-e x16 connector inside, I have mounted a msi gt 1030 2gb GPU and installed geforce drivers, it is detected in device manager but when I start up games like world of tanks of world of warships it will use the intel hd gpu.

service manual: https://www.manualslib.com/manual/412286/Acer-Aspire-Z5771.html

I have the geforce optimus driver installed, it says gt 1030 recognized but inactive, I have disabled the intel hd in device manager, but pc starts up and still uses it, How do I get it to work in games? what does work however is that i connect a HDMI cable to the geforce and put it in the hdmi in connector in the back of the z5771, but then I have the problem that when the pc starts, it shows the windows 10 logo and then stops and displays the windows 10 logo while I can hear the pc go into windows. When I pull out the HDMI and then put it back in, I got image via the gt1030 and it then works in games ( it does not use the intel HD), but I just want the gt1030 to work straight away and not having to pull the cable in and out every time. (if I pull out the hdmi, it uses the intel hd display adaptor)

a pc technician said that when the gt 1030 is connected to the motherboard it should deliver image through the pci-e adaptor to the motherboard and to the screen without the use of an hdmi cable.

I really hope you can help me out (and sorry for my english, it is not my native language)

Thx

Bart

Answers

• Red-Sand
    Red-Sand ACE Posts: 1,892 Pathfinder
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Have you checked in the Nvidia Control Panel to dedicate your game/all to the Nvidia GPU rather then the Intel GPU? 

In Nvidia Control Panel on the left pane select Manage 3d Settings > Preferred Graphics Processor (drop down box) > Select Nvidia GPU > Apply > Reboot
    - Hotel Hero
  • sammjoy
    sammjoy Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Vanlierde said:
    Hi,

I've got an Aspire Z5771 with the I3-2120 cpu and no dedicated gpu, just the intel hd display adaptor. I know that there is a model that has a geforce gt 520/530 built inside. Now I have opened up my z5771 and there is indeed a pci-e x16 connector inside, I have mounted a msi gt 1030 2gb GPU and installed geforce drivers, it is detected in device manager but when I start up games like world of tanks of world of warships it will use the intel hd gpu.

service manual: https://www.manualslib.com/manual/412286/Acer-Aspire-Z5771.html

I have the geforce optimus driver installed, it says gt 1030 recognized but inactive, I have disabled the intel hd in device manager, but pc starts up and still uses it, How do I get it to work in games? what does work however is that i connect a HDMI cable to the geforce and put it in the hdmi in connector in the back of the z5771, but then I have the problem that when the pc starts, it shows the windows 10 logo and then stops and displays the windows 10 logo while I can hear the pc go into windows. When I pull out the HDMI and then put it back in, I got image via the gt1030 and it then works in games ( it does not use the intel HD), but I just want the gt1030 to work straight away and not having to pull the cable in and out every time. (if I pull out the hdmi, it uses the intel hd display adaptor)

a pc technician said that when the gt 1030 is connected to the motherboard it should deliver image through the pci-e adaptor to the motherboard and to the screen without the use of an hdmi cable.

I really hope you can help me out (and sorry for my english, it is not my native language)

Thx

Bart
    hi did you find a solution or not ?>