Acer aspire e5-573G ram slot 2 not working

BotePAM
BotePAM Member Posts: 6 New User
edited August 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hello,put a DDR3 with the specified frecv with 2 GB on the second slot but when i check in the dxdiag or sys prop it's not showing that i have 6 GB,on the first slot is 4 GB.
And i have a second problem,my laptop is 4 Cores but when i downloaded the acer care center it's only shown that i have 2 cores,why?

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,103 Trailblazer
    Hi,
    What's your CPU? It may have 2 Cores and 4 Threads.
    As for the memory modules, you could try switching around, checking individually installing in different slots, reseating them properly, there's an outside chance that the module you bought may be at fault.
  • BotePAM
    BotePAM Member Posts: 6 New User
    edited May 2018
    brummyfan2 said:
    Hi,
    What's your CPU? It may have 2 Cores and 4 Threads.
    As for the memory modules, you could try switching around, checking individually installing in different slots, reseating them properly, there's an outside chance that the module you bought may be at fault.
    The memory it's only appering here. But my Q:Don't should i have total memory 8 GB?Cuz' 2GB from nvidia and 4GB from kingstone(The one that the laptop camed with).There is only appearing 6 GB. And only here appears that slot 2 is working,because in my properties or somewhere else it doesnt appear
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,103 Trailblazer
    Hi,
    Have you checked them individually by inserting one by one in both slots?