how to full format my laptop

chissa
chissa Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives

i had a problem getting hacked i did a full format and they still got inn so i want to update my bios but which to chose? i altso wonder if there is any way to reset regedit? they took full control over my laptop they could turn it on turned on wifi used money in my xbox account after formatingstill had the same problem. i know i cant use dban to format ssd so what can i do?

all help are apreciated. my snid : ***********

[Edited post to remove personal information, please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, email addresses, phone numbers, full serial numbers, etc.- Acer-Dan]

Best Answers

• Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,789 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Hi @chissa Since you have already tried format but still hackers got in. So, doing any of these changes will again encounter an attack. Please change your IP address and MAC address of the computer. Doing this would makes hackers loose control of your computer.

To change IP address you can contact your ISP and for masking or changing MAC address you can try this link; http://www.it4nextgen.com/change-mac-address-windows-10-easy-steps/ but be cautious while doing the same.
    Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer
  • Gawain
    Gawain Member Posts: 373 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    if you are getting hacked perpetually, then please change your password on your router and make sure your wifi is at the very least WPA2 encrypted with a new complicated password (not something that makes any sense, upper case, lower case, numbers, symbols etc).  That makes it all but impossible to do a brute force attack to access your network even when using a sniffer like aircrack or similar (also change the IP range your network is on from the router which is probably a NAT too).  If there are any router firmware updates, applies those too.  Then deal with your pc and wipe it again.  
  • Gawain
    edited May 2018 Answer ✓
    its worth noting that most "hacks" aren't targeted but result from downloading malicious code embedded in a vid or pic or music etc, or an e-mail attachment etc.  A great example of that is wannacry, which the news said targeted the NHS but thats rubbish, they just had a very slack security policy and a huge number of machines with a mass of security holes in them (XP).  It's never a bad idea to review online behaviour to cover all bases.

Answers

• Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,789 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Hi @chissa Since you have already tried format but still hackers got in. So, doing any of these changes will again encounter an attack. Please change your IP address and MAC address of the computer. Doing this would makes hackers loose control of your computer.

To change IP address you can contact your ISP and for masking or changing MAC address you can try this link; http://www.it4nextgen.com/change-mac-address-windows-10-easy-steps/ but be cautious while doing the same.
    Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer
  • Gawain
    Answer ✓
    if you are getting hacked perpetually, then please change your password on your router and make sure your wifi is at the very least WPA2 encrypted with a new complicated password (not something that makes any sense, upper case, lower case, numbers, symbols etc).  That makes it all but impossible to do a brute force attack to access your network even when using a sniffer like aircrack or similar (also change the IP range your network is on from the router which is probably a NAT too).  If there are any router firmware updates, applies those too.  Then deal with your pc and wipe it again.  
  • Gawain
    edited May 2018 Answer ✓
    its worth noting that most "hacks" aren't targeted but result from downloading malicious code embedded in a vid or pic or music etc, or an e-mail attachment etc.  A great example of that is wannacry, which the news said targeted the NHS but thats rubbish, they just had a very slack security policy and a huge number of machines with a mass of security holes in them (XP).  It's never a bad idea to review online behaviour to cover all bases.
  • chissa
    chissa Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

thanks for reply i tried to activate d2d to make a new format but then it says its no bootable device?