Cracking around screw cavity - Acer Aspire 5 A515-51G-53F6

Options
tomkow4
tomkow4 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited August 2023 in 2018 Archives
Just short of 5 months ago I've bought a laptop from a retailer selling Acer Outlet laptops. A few weeks ago the chassis became a bit more creaky when picking up and adjusting the screen angle. A few days ago I've noticed that there is cracking around the cavity of one of the screws next to the left hinge. Also the top chassis cover is slightly separated from the lower part. It's like some screw keeping the hinges got loose. I've reached out to the retailer and they said the warranty does not cover this. I cannot check "under the hood" as said retailer has their own warranty strips. Is this something that would normally covered by warranty? 

In my opinion it's quite evident that this issue is not caused by a mechanical failure, but rather an inherent assembly issue. I've loosened this screw to releave some of the pressure. 

Best Answer

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options
    tomkow4 
    The warranty information is specific to your region and you need to contact Acer support in your region and get more information on warranty policy. 

Answers

• Sharanji
    edited May 2018
    Options
    tomkow4 
    You may directly contact Acer technical support and check for options to replace the casing.
    Acer Netherland : https://www.acer.com/ac/nl/NL/content/service-contact
    Acer Worldwide : http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • tomkow4
    tomkow4 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Yes, but I'm looking to know if something like this is covered by warranty? Or do I have to reach out somewhere else? 
  • Sharanji
    Answer ✓
    Options
    tomkow4 
    The warranty information is specific to your region and you need to contact Acer support in your region and get more information on warranty policy. 
  • Tmzdroid
    Tmzdroid Member Posts: 88 Fixer WiFi Icon
    Options
    Check all the visible screws on your laptop for tightness to avoid anymore damage. I always check any new device for loose screws its a common problem found on all makes and models. I doubt it will be covered by warranty have a look online for a replacement part maybe ebay good luck.