M2 ssd

Bernarc17
Bernarc17 Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

edited August 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hello everyone, about one weeks ago, my laptop suddenly died. I brought the laptop to the local service center and they said it was the m2.ssd cause the failure to boot. They removed the ssd and the laptop really could be powerd up and entered the bios. 
I was wondering what happened to my ssd. The technician in that service center really cannot give satisfasying explaination about my ssd's condition.

I really need your help to explain what happen to my ssd. To be honest, really disappointed with acer since this laptop only 1 and half years old.

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,077 Trailblazer
    Hi,
    Could you please post the model of your laptop and make and model of the M.2 SSD.
  • Bernarc17

Tinkerer

Hi,
    Could you please post the model of your laptop and make and model of the M.2 SSD.
    My laptop model : acer aspire s13
    My m2 ssd model : kingston 256 gb
  • brummyfan2
    Hi,
    Please tell us whether the M.2 SSD is a SATA SSD or PCIe/NVMe SSD, laptop model should be like Sx-xxx, for example S5-371.
  • Bernarc17

Tinkerer

Hi,
    Please tell us whether the M.2 SSD is a SATA SSD or PCIe/NVMe SSD, laptop model should be like Sx-xxx, for example S5-371.
    Laptop model : Aspire S5-371
    M2SSD : Sata considering form the form factor
  • Bernarc17

Tinkerer

Bernarc17 said:
    Hi,
    Laptop model : Aspire S5-371
    M2SSD : Sata considering form the form factor

My local service center recommend a replacement for ssd. Tbh, I was afraid this will happen in the future. If you can help me to make me know why my ssd fail, that will really help. And, is thee anyway I could retrieve my data by my ownself. Thankyou
  • brummyfan2
    You should be able to get the SSD replaced under warranty, if you are still within the warranty period, it's very difficult to suggest any program as I'm not sure about the extent of damage to the SSD, so I would suggest to leave it to a technician to recover your data.
  • Bernarc17

Tinkerer

You should be able to get the SSD replaced under warranty, if you are still within the warranty period, it's very difficult to suggest any program as I'm not sure about the extent of damage to the SSD, so I would suggest to leave it to a technician to recover your data.
    thankyou for your kindly reply. Do you know anything that could damage my ssd? I don't want this thing happen to me in the future after i had replaced my ssd. 
    I dont know why, but my local service center are not able to retrieve my data.They really don't care about me losing my data. Really sad though.  I really hope that acer can work on this problem too
  • brummyfan2
    Bernarc17 said:
    thankyou for your kindly reply. Do you know anything that could damage my ssd? I don't want this thing happen to me in the future after i had replaced my ssd. 
    I dont know why, but my local service center are not able to retrieve my data.They really don't care about me losing my data. Really sad though.  I really hope that acer can work on this problem too
    Hi,
    This may be an isolated incident, normally SSDs are more reliable than a spinner drive but I can not give you any reason for the failure of your SSD, please get a second opinion from a local Repair shop regarding the failure of your SSD.
  • Bernarc17

Tinkerer

Bernarc17 said:
    Hi,
    This may be an isolated incident, normally SSDs are more reliable than a spinner drive but I can not give you any reason for the failure of your SSD, please get a second opinion from a local Repair shop regarding the failure of your SSD.
    hmm,  really sad to say, when i asked them, they said they didnt know.
  • brummyfan2
    I am sorry that you are in such a bad situation, you should have taken precautions against such incidents by backing up your important data on an external HDD, this forum doesn't provide customer service and we the users of Acer laptops help other members, if you need more technical help please contact the Acer support centre in your region.
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/
  • Bernarc17

Tinkerer

I am sorry that you are in such a bad situation, you should have taken precautions against such incidents by backing up your important data on an external HDD, this forum doesn't provide customer service and we the users of Acer laptops help other members, if you need more technical help please contact the Acer support centre in your region.
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/
    thankyou btw, you are really helpful. i really appreciate your help