GX-792 Black screen and freezes

Drashky
Drashky Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
My GX-792 goes into a black screen and freezes after some time of playing games, but the pc is still on, i have tried re-installing nvidia drivers(with DDU), changing the screen rest times, even re-installing Windows 10 again, this all began after i left this notebook in my country tech support (due to CPU overheating), when i got it back i couldn't even have the pc on more than 6 mins before it freezes and went black screen (i was able to fix it by re-installing windows 10 and install all the drivers by myself and then changing rest times even while being used).
I don't trust the tech support from here (Chile), but as of right now i cannot play on my pc for more than 20 mins, and if the game runs with DirectX 11 it just crashes after 4 mins if my pc doesn't go into black screen, this just renders my laptop useless, cause it's a gaming laptop.

More info. Event logs shows a Event ID 14 (which is a corruption of the GPU drivers), but after reinstalling multiple versions of the Nvidia drivers nothing seems to fix it.

I really would like to know what to do in this situation.

Answers

• Drashky
    As far as of now i've gotten the error ID 14 and 13, tried the reset battery option, also tried to install windows 7, see if everything in power options made sense. But nothing, i don't really know if anything can be done but i have a worthless gaming laptop as of now, which i can't even gave back.
  • ZeusHera
    ZeusHera Member Posts: 3 New User
    I have Predator GX-792, 32Gig Ram, i7 7820HK, nVidia GTX1080. When I start to play Assassin's Creed Origins, the fan speed increases and my battery start discharging. After a while, the game becomes slow and fan goes even faster. Then the game freezes or kicks me out and the computer is frozen. I have to restart it everytime. I have read some posts about this being for the battery but this is ridiculous. The battery has gone done to 30% and even less and this is where I get kicked out and the PC freezes. Is there a setting to turn this off?
  • Drashky
    ZeusHera said:
    I have Predator GX-792, 32Gig Ram, i7 7820HK, nVidia GTX1080. When I start to play Assassin's Creed Origins, the fan speed increases and my battery start discharging. After a while, the game becomes slow and fan goes even faster. Then the game freezes or kicks me out and the computer is frozen. I have to restart it everytime. I have read some posts about this being for the battery but this is ridiculous. The battery has gone done to 30% and even less and this is where I get kicked out and the PC freezes. Is there a setting to turn this off?
    At the back of the laptop there is the battery reset button, what you are going through happened once to me and reseting the battery helped, just put a pin in there and press it for 5 seconds i think
  • ZeusHera
    ZeusHera Member Posts: 3 New User
    I tried it and nothing seems to happen.

• sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder
    edited June 2018
    Try using an external usb fan to cool your laptop down. It seems more like a system overheating problem. Get a usb fan and aim it on the spot to the top of Function keys. Also try elevating the height of laptop using felt pads to increase gap between table and laptop bottom to allow for increased air flow.
    Also try setting max processor usage to 95, instead of 100. This would keep turbo from kicking in. Ideally, this shouldn't really effect your gaming. I have mine with 7700 and 1060 set to max 90-95 on power, and max of 80 on battery. Cooled down temps from 85-90 to 65-75. And didn't notice any lag in games either, even on ultra settings.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045