Windows 10 April Update and Intel UHD 620 driver update

Enamur
Enamur Member Posts: 19 Troubleshooter
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hello all, 
I have Acer Swift 3 SF315-51 (core i5 8250u, 15") laptop. Couple a days ago I updated Windows 10 to April Update (1803). Everything went fine until windows failed to update the intel UHD 620 driver to its latest version which is 24.20.something. I checked the device manager and there was one exclamatory sign on the display adapter icon which means the device is not working properly. I then uninstalled the driver. The laptop automatically scanned for changes and got the driver back to 22.20.16.4691. 
I then tried to update the driver using device manager. It downloads and when it starts installing it fails to complete installation saying error code 43.
I thought how about download the intel UHD driver update file from Intel and install it manually. I downloaded, went to device manager, browsed the downloaded zip file extracted in the directory and then when it starts installing it it reverts back saying the best driver is already installed.
I think, it has something to do with the OEM's optimization of the latest uhd 620 gpu driver. Please Acer, optimize the latest intel uhd 620 driver soon.
However, if that is not the case, then someone who has the same laptop and successfully updated the intel uhd 620 please help enlighten me as to how I can update the driver. It is a sad to see the device has now most updated windows 10 build while the integrated gpu stuck with old update.

Best Answer

Answers

• adidasr
    adidasr Member Posts: 2 New User
    I have a same problem...
  • sudhanshumeena
    sudhanshumeena Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

edited May 2018
    Reza_88 said:
    Hello all, 
    I have Acer Swift 3 SF315-51 (core i5 8250u, 15") laptop. Couple a days ago I updated Windows 10 to April Update (1803). Everything went fine until windows failed to update the intel UHD 620 driver to its latest version which is 24.20.something. I checked the device manager and there was one exclamatory sign on the display adapter icon which means the device is not working properly. I then uninstalled the driver. The laptop automatically scanned for changes and got the driver back to 22.20.16.4691. 
    I then tried to update the driver using device manager. It downloads and when it starts installing it fails to complete installation saying error code 43.
    I thought how about download the intel UHD driver update file from Intel and install it manually. I downloaded, went to device manager, browsed the downloaded zip file extracted in the directory and then when it starts installing it it reverts back saying the best driver is already installed.
    I think, it has something to do with the OEM's optimization of the latest uhd 620 gpu driver. Please Acer, optimize the latest intel uhd 620 driver soon.
    However, if that is not the case, then someone who has the same laptop and successfully updated the intel uhd 620 please help enlighten me as to how I can update the driver. It is a sad to see the device has now most updated windows 10 build while the integrated gpu stuck with old update.

Try downloading "win64_24.20.100.6025.exe" not the zip version file from Intel website. Don't run the installer directly it gave me an error code(don't remember the code), instead extract the win64_24.20.100.6025.exe using winrar and run igxpin.exe from extracted folder and your drivers will be updated to the latest version with Intel UHD Graphics Control Panel.
  • Lasitha
    Lasitha Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited May 2018 Answer ✓
    I had the same trouble.What I did was
    1.Uninstalled the device with "delete the driver software for this device" box checked on device manager.
    2.Downloaded the zip file from here. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27680/Graphics-Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10?product=126789 
    3.installed the Zip manually.
    You can get further information from the intel site about manual driver installation. 

• DDR4040
    DDR4040 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Lasitha said:
    1.Uninstalled the device with "delete the driver software for this device" box checked on device manager.
    2.Downloaded the zip file from here. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27680/Graphics-Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10?product=126789 
    You can get further information from the intel site about manual driver installation. 

Thanks for the tip on checking the delete driver checkbox, worked like a charm.

BTW, Intel updated the driver again yesterday, the new one is:

• Enamur
    Enamur Member Posts: 19 Troubleshooter
    Guys I have a question: do you have the same laptop model: Acer Swift 3 SF315-51?
    I finally found the root of the problem. Turns out Acer customized my Laptop's Intel UHD Driver. As a result whenever I try to install the generic driver update it fails no matter whatever way (mentioned above) I used. 
    You can use Intel driver and support utility- I upgraded my 7265 wireless and BT wireless this morning without any problem. And whenever it went to install the 620 then that fact came out.
    This is somewhat disappointing. Already two major Intel UHD updates have been released including the 6094 one and they still left us with 4691 one which is now quite old. It has been quite a while since April 10 Major Windows Update was released.
    It is time Acer gets notified by this thread. Is there anyway I can directly mail them?
  • ShashiMahe
    ShashiMahe Member Posts: 1 New User
    Lasitha said:

This worked, just follow above procedure all works fine!!