Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

DOES (aspire 5 A515-51G-51GW) supports Samsung's 960 evo NVMe ?

ahanaf_aminahanaf_amin Posts: 7Member New User
recently I bought Acer Aspire 5  (aspire 5 A515-51G-51GW) Laptop which has a SATA M.2 Slot and I am gonna get an SSD.I Know that it will support SATA SSDs but I am skeptical whether Samsung's 960 evo will work on it or not which is NVMe and also if it would work then whether is the speed going to be capped on it.
So I am in need of a detailed explanation as I am Confused. Thank you

FAQ & Answers

• JackEJackE Posts: 17,446ACE Trailblazer
    >>>I am skeptical whether Samsung's 960 evo will work>>>

Me too. However it should be backward compatible with the m.2 SATA slot. I'd guess it's a 50-50 chance it'd work. And if it does it'd only be at SATA3 speeds. If it were mine, I'd get a garden variety m.2 SATA SSD. Jack E/NJ
Sign In or Register to comment.

Who's Online154

BijayKShaw
BijayKShaw
edielon
edielon
Esteisy0411
Esteisy0411
Feklar
Feklar
Geberismael
Geberismael
Geovanig
Geovanig
KiraDV
KiraDV
mhnV3
mhnV3
PeterOwen
PeterOwen
+145 Guests

Join in, share your experience!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Here?

So, what are the rules of this place? Check out our Acer Community User Agreement. Register to get all the benefits of being a member! Get social and introduce yourself in our Welcome Forum, or learn about our ACE Program and What's Happening at Acer.

Member Highlight

We would like to feature andylb as a outstanding member in the Acer Community. With his dedication and support efforts, andylb has become a Valued Contributor . On behalf of the Acer Community team and all our users, we want to recognize and thank you for your dedication!

Total Posts and Comments: 1259

Total Points:3142

Total Accepted Answers: 162

andylb Overclocked Contributor
Good Design Aware 2019
Predator Join the forum discussions on our
Predator line of products.
Find out about the Acer ACE program.