What panel does the Acer Predator XB271HU (UM.HX1EE.005) exactly have now?

HHawk
HHawk Member Posts: 2 New User
edited February 14 in 2019 Archives
Hi all,

I have owned a QNIX IPS monitor, which is/was great value for the money, for almost 5 years now and it's time to move on. So at first I purchased the MSI Optix MAG27CQ. But, lets keep it short, it was one big disappointment! The monitor itself looks great and has some great features, however there was some kind of blur during gaming (especially FIFA 18), which my old QNIX didn't even have...

Furthermore; MSI support is, simply put, *****. I contacted support with as many details as I could, but they told me the monitor needed a firmware upgrade. Yeah right. Anyways, I am sending this worthless monitor back and I am deciding to spend my money on a different monitor. Hopefully Acer will be a better choice in this regard.

So, sorry for the information above, I am still deciding what monitor to buy. I am looking for a monitor on par or, hopefully, better than my old QNIX monitor.
So far I am thinking about the following Acer monitor:

Acer Predator XB271HU
SKU: UM.HX1EE.005
EAN:

Now if I look up the information on this monitor, it says that it uses the following panel type/model:

Panel model: M270DAN02.6
Brand: AU Optronics

Information pulled from here: https://www.displayspecifications.com/en/model/31826fe

Can someone by any chance confirm that this panel is indeed being used in the
Acer Predator XB271HU?

I already tried contacting Acer, but apparently they don't even know what panel is being used themselves or support is not that knowledgeable in general.
They only send me some basic information, which can be easily found on their own website. Sidenote; is support being paid for copying and pasting information from their website?

Anyways, all jokes aside, I hope someone can confirm what panel is really being used. Because there are some different reviews out there talking about different panels.
For example Tech Powerup talks about AU Optronics M270DAN02.6 IPS panel.
Source: https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Acer/Predator_XB271HU/6.html

Maybe they changed panels during the year(s)...?
So I can only hope someone can confirm which panel is really being used now.

Thank you all in advance for your help with this. Much appreciated!

Best Answer

Answers