XB271HU DisplayPort Disconnect

Cupelix
Cupelix Member Posts: 2 New User
edited February 14 in 2018 Archives
I recently upgraded to an XB271HU and am having problems with the DisplayPort disconnecting.

I have two monitors; the XB271HU is my main monitor, being driven via DisplayPort, my second monitor is being driven by DVI.  During the day while I work, I also connect my work laptop to the XB271HU via its HDMI input.  I can then access my personal PC via my secondary monitor, and use the XB271 for work.  At least once if not twice a day, while my XB271 is set to the HDMI input, my personal PC will make the Windows "you disconnected a device" sound, and my secondary monitor becomes my primary monitor.  As soon as I switch inputs back to the DisplayPort via the OCD, the monitor immediately reconnects back to my personal PC, moving all of my windows around.  To be clear, during this time, my personal PC doesn't ever go to sleep or anything like that.

I've done a bunch of Googling on this, but haven't come up with anything with people describing the same issue.  I've found old results describing problems where turning a monitor off disconnects it from Windows, but that isn't what is happening here - and if I do turn the monitor off, I don't even get that same behavior.

Anyone have a similar setup and know of a solution to this problem?

Answers

• Mevalonate
    Mevalonate Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hi,

I had issues with the DP cable that came with this monitor. I only have a one monitor set up, so instead of switching to another primary, it would just blink off and back on sporadically.

After trying a bunch of other troubleshooting steps, I replaced the DP cable and everything has been fine for a couple weeks.

Good luck!
  • Cupelix
    Cupelix Member Posts: 2 New User
    It's not an issue of cables, unfortunately - I've tried 3 different ones (and not cheap ones).  It definitely appears to be an issue of time spent with the monitor not on the DisplayPort input.  In all cases, as long as the DisplayPort is the monitor's selected input, everything behaves nicely.  The monitors going to sleep, etc, do not cause the screen to disconnect.  But if the monitor has the HDMI input selected, it appears that once enough time passes the DisplayPort powers down and sends whatever signal that causes it to trigger the hot plug functionality.  This is most noticeable because the issue never occurs over the weekend (the longest period of time where I don't switch to the HDMI input, since I'm not working).