Predator G6-710 Front cooling fan any improvements?

marshallgj
marshallgj Member Posts: 20 Networker
edited February 15 in 2019 Archives
Has anyone put a front cooling fan where the front Ferring is? I am wondering if it would improve the cooling of the CPU. And the temperature of the CPU and GPU since there is no bottom vents for the GPU. 

Here is the benchmark of the PC.\

http://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/8556818

here the 

Best Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,867 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Measure, measure, measure. It looks like they put something there in another SKU, or planned to on a SKU that was left on the cutting board. The area looks rectangular to me so you may end up with a smaller fan than you think.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • marshallgj
    Answer ✓
    I installed a 80MM fan there. My temp for my gpu went down 10degrees when idle and 20 under load. 
  • marshallgj
    Answer ✓
    Worked quite well. I am going to be gaming soon!

• marshallgj
    Answer ✓
    Been gaming, GPU stay steady at 60-65C with Max setting in COH2 with the 1070pny. The other players cause the lags, I recommend putting a front pusher on the next design. So the airflow stays current. CPU overclocked sitting at 4.85ghz. 

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,867 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Measure, measure, measure. It looks like they put something there in another SKU, or planned to on a SKU that was left on the cutting board. The area looks rectangular to me so you may end up with a smaller fan than you think.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • marshallgj
    Answer ✓
    I installed a 80MM fan there. My temp for my gpu went down 10degrees when idle and 20 under load. 
  • marshallgj
    Answer ✓
    Worked quite well. I am going to be gaming soon!

• marshallgj
    Answer ✓
    Been gaming, GPU stay steady at 60-65C with Max setting in COH2 with the 1070pny. The other players cause the lags, I recommend putting a front pusher on the next design. So the airflow stays current. CPU overclocked sitting at 4.85ghz. 
  • Cryoshotz
    Cryoshotz Member Posts: 3 New User
    Are you using that front fan as an inlet fan or outlet? Im going to do the same thing as I myself want to bring down my overall temps due to my fans kicking into overdrive when heavy gaming.