Lowering laptop temps

HintMan
HintMan Member Posts: 5 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
My friend has a Acer Aspire V 15 Nitro Black Edition VN7-593G-74J4 that he uses to play games like divinity. It has a GTX 1060 so built in, so the performance is good. The problem is the temperatures, which 85°c according to MSI afterburner. It is hot enough to make touching is uncomfortable. We alread undervolted the CPU by 0.100V and now are looking into the GPU. Afterburner allowed us to lower the clocks of the GPU, but not to limit the power or voltage or set a max temp. How can we do it?

Answers

• AntoJoseph
    AntoJoseph Member Posts: 83 Fixer WiFi Icon

MSI burner will also allows you to limit the power or voltage or set a max temp.

• HintMan

MSI burner will also allows you to limit the power or voltage or set a max temp.

On the laptop the power and temp settings are disabled, I can only change the clocks and overvolt it, not undervolt.
  • ダージリン様
    ダージリン様 Member Posts: 88 Fixer WiFi Icon
    HintMan said:

On the laptop the power and temp settings are disabled, I can only change the clocks and overvolt it, not undervolt.
    try ctrl+F in msi afterburner to undervolt the gpu
    and this window should pop up
  • HintMan
    HintMan said:

try ctrl+F in msi afterburner to undervolt the gpu
    and this window should pop up
    Is there anything that needs to be enabled for this to work? I have already told him to do that and he said that the blocks werent movable, but I can totally see him messing up draggina this around.

Other than that, is there any way to introduce a temp limit on those laptops?