forgotten password

lil13
lil13 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
I have an Acer es 15 ... forgot my password I`m assuming its the windows password. I`m using windows 10 and I have no disc.
any help appreciated.

Best Answer

• Antony_wilfred
    Antony_wilfred Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    Since it is a password issue you would have to reset computer. But once you reset everything on the computer will be deleted. To reset hold Shift key and hit restart on the screen. Once you do that, it will take you to advanced options. Select troubleshoot and select RESET. It should RESET your computer.

Answers

• Jeevan123
    Jeevan123 Member Posts: 22 Networker
    edited April 2018
    lil13 said:
    I have an Acer es 15 ... forgot my password I`m assuming its the windows password. I`m using windows 10 and I have no disc.
    any help appreciated.
    Is it a Local Account or Microsoft account

• lil13
    I`m sorry I sound useless but I have no idea .. I didnt even realise I had set a password on it.
    Only used it a couple times and not again for nearly a year... password just comes up at start,sorry not much help.
  • Antony_wilfred
    Antony_wilfred Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    Since it is a password issue you would have to reset computer. But once you reset everything on the computer will be deleted. To reset hold Shift key and hit restart on the screen. Once you do that, it will take you to advanced options. Select troubleshoot and select RESET. It should RESET your computer.
  • lil13
    ok thank you very much for reply.
  • Joyking
    Joyking Member Posts: 2 New User
    Will I still be able to use my laptop if I choose option clean the drive fyllu
  • Joyking
    Joyking Member Posts: 2 New User
    My Laptop couldn't reset, saying additional free space is needed on the drive where window is installed. Clear some space.
    How am I going to clear some space and I can't remember my password